Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Plinkster

Hey Ham:
I shot one of those, only once, about a year ago when they first came out. It seemed as good or better than any other semi-auto in that price range. I think it's made by the CBC people in Brazil, remember the old Remington nylons? So maybe we could say this is today's 'nylon 66' and shut those guys up that think those old nylons were the best guns ever made. :D
After I get done chasing a few more old Mossy's I think I'd buy a plinkster. :Blasting_

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
Save your money

Hamish said:
Anyone have any experience...good or bad, or opinions regarding the mossy 702 Plikster?

702 Plinkster...

I was thinking of picking one up as a stand in for target practice.

Cheers!
H.
Ham' Save your money for a good Mossey.If you need a semi get a old 51/151 Mossberg. Do a search on here on the posts on the plinkster (the new one) and i think you will find you really don't want to spend hard earned bux on one....and this is coming from a HARD CORE MOSSBERG FAN..you know it. :D

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
quik search

:D my friend this I just picked from doing a search on here on the "Mossberg 702 plinkster" thats what I used to do the search,, excerpt> :eek: "You came to the right place!

I own a Remington 597 that I absolutely love.

A good friend owned a Mossberg 702 Plinkster (from WalMart) for about 3 months, and recently got rid of it. The Plinkster is made in Brazil by CBC. It appears to be a copy of the Marlin 795.

I used the Mossberg 702 Plinkster a few times, and I think it's a piece of garbage even for casual range use. Many failure to feeds, poor accuracy, and its 4.5 pound weight made it feel very flimsy. This same gun was imported by Magtech not too long ago, as the Model 7022."

Hope this helps you to look alittle deeper. take Care,--Jim--

·
Registered
896 Posts
I had a Magtech 7022 a few years ago and thought it was a pretty nice litle rifle. Function was good. It had a terrible finish on the stock so I stripped it off and there was some straight grained but attractive wood underneath. I never really checked it for accuracy but it was good enough for fun shooting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Magtech 7022 and I enjoy it a lot. I think it is a pretty good plinker, and I doubt anyone can get something better for its price. Indeed this gun is made in Brazil by CBC, witch happens to be a former Remington factory when they were owned by DuPond. A lot of people complain about FTF problems, and I had some before I had my feeding ramp polished (at home). One very important thing is to clean the 7022 completely before firing the first rounds, to remove the oil that comes from factory, witch is used to preserve the metal parts during storage and shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.