Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My newly acquired 69 Target has a bent front sight :( Anyone know where one can be found, or have a part number. The one that's there has a silver bead. Been to Numrichs, and they have three listed, but I'm not sure which is mine.

Also, I'm not sure if I should measure the entire sight including the dovetail, or if I should measure from the barrel. Looks like about 7/16 of an inch from the barrel, the whole thing is approx 19/32- near as I can tell using a ruler.

Any help, thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
818 Posts
My catalog shows the 97A front sight but that sounds wrong as it is hooded and looks like a screw-on sight. Let me try for your second question, it is normal to measure from the bottom of the barrel dovetail groove to the center of the silver bead.

·
Registered
307 Posts
N.Strobel says the front sight is a Winchester No.97A and is of composite construction(made from several pieces). Not a ramp screwed down with a dovetail for the sight.. The sight itself is quite tall with what appears to be the ramp simply setting down over the base of the sight(covering the dovetail). The ramp is stamped sheet metal. There is a 'key' that is inserted from the front locking around the part of the sight protruding above the ramp. This locks everything together. The hood also slides in from the front and locks the key into position..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.