Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Without a doubt but that's true of a lot of folks, some just don't post much outside of the TWH, Al's a perfect example.

Premium Member
Lots of Forum action is always cool... it helps drag new ideas and fresh perspectives into the pile!

Registered
Just reflect back on all the great information and experience you have shared with the rest of us, Gerald. 馃憦 (y) :giggle: I certainly appreciate your comments and input along with pictures of great-looking firearms you have acquired. Keep them coming. :)
Yes, Gerald, with all his experience and usable information; he is very valuable to this forum. Thanks, Gerald, for your contribution, and fine photos, shared to this forum. (y)

Registered
I'll probably get some grief for this, but to me a persons post count has absolutely nothing to do with...anything; it's the contents and accuracy of their posts, along with...are they "touchie" and can they take a joke and some ribbing(?) that mean way more to me than anything else. But what I've found more often than not is, that many of those folks with high post counts on forums tend to be conceited, act as if they are beyond reprouch, get angry when anyone dares to question their words, and are condescending towards those who don't share their opinions.

After being away from RC for quite some time, I went to sign in one day late 2019 here and couldn't, so my post count is actually lower than it should be, but who cares? Not me. Every firearm related forum is slam packed with firearm "Xspurts" as I like to call them, who think that by virtue of their HUGE post count that they're knowledgeable, but more often than not, that is simply not the case; they're more like posers who use their "GoogleSmarts" to make them appear all knowing. Meh. These types of folks are easily identified after reading just a few of their responses, and they're the folks who quickly make their way to my Ignore List, if the forum had such a feature.

There are plenty of member names here that I recognize, but I haven't read enough of their posts to determine if they just like to hear themselves talk or are actually knowledgeable in the multifaceted field of firearms. Those who have made the decision easy for me are currently occupying my Ignore List here...and since I am responding to this post it's clear that Gerald, you aren't there...yet, so keep your nose clean.

(LOL!) ;)

Premium Member
I'll probably get some grief for this, but to me a persons post count has absolutely nothing to do with...anything; it's the contents and accuracy of their posts, along with...are they "touchie" and can they take a joke and some ribbing(?) that mean way more to me than anything else. But what I've found more often than not is, that many of those folks with high post counts on forums tend to be conceited, act as if they are beyond reprouch, get angry when anyone dares to question their words, and are condescending towards those who don't share their opinions.

After being away from RC for quite some time, I went to sign in one day late 2019 here and couldn't, so my post count is actually lower than it should be, but who cares? Not me. Every firearm related forum is slam packed with firearm "Xspurts" as I like to call them, who think that by virtue of their HUGE post count that they're knowledgeable, but more often than not, that is simply not the case; they're more like posers who use their "GoogleSmarts" to make them appear all knowing. Meh. These types of folks are easily identified after reading just a few of their responses, and they're the folks who quickly make their way to my Ignore List, if the forum had such a feature.

There are plenty of member names here that I recognize, but I haven't read enough of their posts to determine if they just like to hear themselves talk or are actually knowledgeable in the multifaceted field of firearms. Those who have made the decision easy for me are currently occupying my Ignore List here...and since I am responding to this post it's clear that Gerald, you aren't there...yet, so keep your nose clean.

(LOL!) ;)
I hate to say it: but I agree. The loudest folks can often say the least...
Having said that: there's more to open forums than just info. Fellowship and friendships DO count.

Premium Member
Without a doubt but that's true of a lot of folks, some just don't post much outside of the TWH, Al's a perfect example.
59K?? I was robbed I tell ya, robbed!!
can they take a joke and some ribbing(?) that mean way more to me than anything else.
Every firearm related forum is slam packed with firearm "Xspurts"

(LOL!) ;)
correction; its eggspurts. 馃槆

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Forgive my ignorance please, but what is TWH?
The Watering Hole, a virtual local bar in the Off Topic Lounge, come hang out it can get pretty interesting. Up until the change over posts got pruned periodically and so post count was lost.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts