Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

542 price?

561 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  dinogreg
im thinking about gettin a 542 varmit in 17 hrm. I know the MSRP but what do your local shops price them at?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hummm

i dont know it it was just our local shop or the guy is trying to screw me over.
when i asked on the price of it he said $440 i wonder if the price went up that much cuz i was reading about the price increase but i dout it would be that much

· Registered
38 Posts
use CZ's dealer locator to find a licensed CZ dealer in your state, and call them for the price on a CZ. whatever store you're dealing with is probably going through a distributer, hence the higher price.

i looked at a used CZ 452 Varmint with simmons 6.5-20x scope and millet mounts on consignment, and the dealer tried to charge me $500 for it. i was like "what the hell!? this set up barely cost that much new, and you're gonna sell me it at that cost? what would a new one cost me?" and they offered $450. i simply told him "thank you" and took my business elsewhere (to a licensed CZ dealer who is only charging me $350 for the gun... i already have a scope, rings, and i'm waiting on my trigger kit to arrive)

moral of the story: buy through CZ dealers

edit: the funniest part about the $500 deal was that the gun was on consignment from a corpse! the guy died over a month ago! the gun has just been sitting in the store. i'm like "how much for just the gun, no scope or mount" and they told me "we cant modify the gun, it's on consignment".... "but the guy is dead!"..... "still cant modify the gun"

in the immortal words of Napolean Dynamite: "IDIOTS!"

· Registered
236 Posts
Butcher said:
they told me "we cant modify the gun, it's on consignment".... "but the guy is dead!"..... "still cant modify the gun"

in the immortal words of Napolean Dynamite: "IDIOTS!"
Although it appears stupid, legally, it's not. Since the rifle is on consignment, the store doesn't own it, the original owner's heirs do. Just because the owner died doesn't mean ownership was transferred to the store. And who knows, there may be special laws pertaining to firearms that make it even more illegal for the store to modify the gun (than it would be for a non-gun item) when they don't hold ownership of it.

· Premium Member
12,486 Posts
Posts #6 & 7 may be the key to this. CZ does (or did) offer a very few Varmints and somewhat more Americans with "Fancy Walnut". There was quite a price escalation for this, bringing the retail shop gun cost about in line with what was quoted. It may of course have been simple gunshop greed but I prefer to think positively...

See this link:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=682418&postcount=1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.