Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 541x at a gun show about 6 yrs ago. I really like the gun and still do. The gun came in the "new" in box. Bolt was still in sealed foil wrap, gun was cut out of foil wrap, sights were still in foil wrap. No cut mark's on stock. Stock looks wonderful and blueing is 100%. Has U.S. property mark's on it. I was told there is no way it can be new and has been rebuilt by Uncle Sam. I just have a hard time seeing US doing that good of job on everything on gun. A little help and info would be great. Paid $550 for it. Gun is really very nice. If i knew how to post pic I would.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I received 2 of them directly from the CMP, just as you describe. I shot one of them a little, I'm still saving the other one. I like to get 2 of some guns, so my 2 sons won't have to argue about who gets what.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
It's new. Remington made 8,995 of them only for the military in 1984-1986.
I thought the number produced was 9077... what happened to the other 82?
I am the second owner of the one I have and still have the box and extras, even though the rifle has been considerably modified to a "Voelker Match". Only thing I don't have is the cut off muzzle end of the barrel with the dovetail... I even have the cut off chamber end.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I thought the number produced was 9077... what happened to the other 82?
I am the second owner of the one I have and still have the box and extras, even though the rifle has been considerably modified to a "Voelker Match". Only thing I don't have is the cut off muzzle end of the barrel with the dovetail... I even have the cut off chamber end.
The records we found at Remington say---

1984 1,099
1985 7,078
1986 818

That totals 8,995

But... As you know, if look in another file drawer in Ilion you might find conflicting info... Where did you get the 9,077 number???

John

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
The records we found at Remington say---

1984 1,099
1985 7,078
1986 818

That totals 8,995

But... As you know, if look in another file drawer in Ilion you might find conflicting info... Where did you get the 9,077 number???

John
I think that's the number that Batha published.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.