Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

54 and 54M Special Sporters

677 7
54 and 54M Sporters For Sale

I have a friend that is selling some of his 22 collection, he has, unfired, three rifles, all Anschutz Sporters, they are 54 and 54M Sporters, all are the delux stock, mont carlo type with the roll over cheek and schnaubel tip forstock, all are Meistergrade with nice wood. I would appreciate any information on these guns, especially as to what price they would command. I believe they were all purchased in the late 80's. Price permitting I will probably purchase one, and help him sell the other two, so I will let you know whats for sale.

Thanks
Jerry
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Jerry: You can check the price of a new 1710. In my oppinion an older anschutz in the condition that you describe is worth more than a new 1710. Not a lot more though. Also, getting someone (even me who loves these things) to cough up the cash for one is tough. In my oppinion the value of these sporters in real dollars is about the same as the value of a new 1710. The fit and finish of the older 54 sporters are in my oppinion second to none. They are really beautiful. A buddy of mine got one at a gun show this past weekend and he got it on trade. He wound up with $1000 or so in it. He came home and his heart sunk when he saw a blue book value of $650. Well, I'll tell you what I told him, that is crap! You show me one in that condition for $650 and I'll buy it and smile all the way home.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For Sale

As I stated earlier in this post, a friend of mine is selling some if his 22s, I'm gonna post in the For Sale section here the particulars on the three Savage Anschutz Sporters, unfired, that he has for sale. Just trying to help him out.

Thanks,
Jerry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.