Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend dragged out her 52C target gun which had been stored in a case for 25 years. Needless to say, there's rust, particularly on the Redfield Olympic sight. I offered to clean it up for her, but now find I can't put the bolt back in. Have tried moving the trigger forward, but the bolt won't go back in. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
52c Bolt

52-c

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oak,

To remove the bolt push the trigger forward, to install pull the trigger back. The "little dog" is the sear and a little help from your "pinky" or similar small object pushing it down from the open loading port, as you pull the trigger will release it and the bolt will slide over the top.
Winchester suggests pulling the trigger back HARD as you insert the bolt.

bjm

===================================================

#3 04-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Seewin

When you put the bolt back in, just pull the trigger, don't push it forward. Works on all my C,D & E's. Try it and let us know how it works.

Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. Very simple. Should have figured it out myself, but I had a knowledgeable person tell me that I needed to push the trigger forward, basically reversing the disassembly process. Tried to download the manual on line, but having to suffer with a dial up landline, the time was too long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.