Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the "Houze" book on the 52's but if this info is in there it doesn't jump out at me. I know there are three barrels for the target 52C's. Standard, heavy and bull barreled. The heavy is 1" at breech and 7/8" at muzzle. Bull barrel is the same at the muzzle but is 1 1/8" at the breech. What is the standard barrel? Does anyone feel one barrel is more accurate or better than the other? I tried a search here on it also and maybe I searched the wrong wording.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Winchester 52 barrel dimensions

From Winchester 1950's era catalogue info:
Winchester 52B & C
Barrel dimensions

Standard Weight
28" long, 1" dia. at breech, .715" dia. at muzzle

Heavy Weight
28" long, 1" dia. at breech, .875" dia. at muzzle

Bull Barrel
28" long, 1.125" dia. at breech, .875 dia. at muzzle

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Dave K-
I have a 52-B ,1945 vintage in the standard barrel configuration, in excellent condition, and a 52-B heavy barrel of 1947 vintage (about 97% condition) and the standard barrel gives up nothing to the heavy barrel in accuracy. If anything, the standard barrel may out shoot it. They're both very accurate though--I'd say it's a toss up--depending on the condition and wear on the rifles. I think mine is a fair comparison, since both rifles have mint bores and show very little wear, but mine are B's instead of C's. I had a 52C standard barrel that also shot very well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.