Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

521T Rear Sling Swivel

791 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  ultramag44
A while back in this thread, I and others said,
I bought a really nice 521T a few years ago and it has been missing a rear sling swivel w/wood screw. Numrich is sold out...
Numrich does have the 1¼" swivels if you can tolerate that.
Numrich does have the front 1" swivels, but not the rear.
Correct(?) rear sling swivel on my 521 Jr Special
I started thinking about how Numrich' web site is organized - kind of at random.

Numrich lists five types of 513 rifles: 513, 513S, 513S-A, 513T and 513US. They list two types of 521, the 521 and the 521T. Some of these categories only have one or two items in them, and on at least one instance (the 513S), both of those are sold out.

Listed under the listing for 513S-A, there are two items, an out-of-stock barrel and sling swivel part number 719440. I ordered one to see what it looked like:

To my eye, it certainly looks like the one shown in Nobody's pic above and the one I got on my CMP 521T earlier this year. There is a little side-to-side movement of the loop.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,101 Posts
the pin in the middle of the rectangular block at top of threads is not present on any of my four 521's ( 1947 - 1959 ) - you can take the 1 1/4" 513 rear + replace the loop with the 1" one from the 521 front - numrich is hit or miss with replacement parts , many of the same parts are listed under different part numbers with different prices -

· Registered
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the pin in the middle of the rectangular block at top of threads is not present on any of my four 521's ( 1947 - 1959 )
You'll note that the pin is visible in the picture Nobody posted.

Have seen the same pin on other 513T, 521T and 40X rear swivels I've seen.

Numrich usually puts the word "replacement" on their repro parts. Not in the description for this one, but it's certainly possible.

My 521T came with a 1" rear swivel, but my plan is to convert to 1¼" anyway. Numrich's web site is curiously organized and I think they make it harder to find stuff than it should be.

· Registered
6,320 Posts
My 521-T came w/ the rear, 1-inch sling loop. The front was missing. I bought a set of 513-T, 1-1/4 front & rear from Numrich. Then I later got a 1-inch front @ a gun show. Now i can't fid where I stored the 1-inch rear! :eek: :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.