Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local shop owner called yesterday and he's ready to sell his 513S! I saw it first a couple of years ago when he found it, and asked for first dibs if he ever sold it.

It's a really clean rifle, 95% + both metal and wood. I'll have to put a couple of things on the block to make it work, but it's the nicest of the few I've ever see by far.

I'll post some pics when I pick it up in a couple of weeks. :bthumb:

· Registered
120 Posts
You are a very fortunate man! I love the 500 series Remington rimfire rifles, and the 513S is the queen. I don't have one yet, but I do have a 513T that is a fine rifle. A friend of mine has a 513S, but he won't part with it. I keep hoping...

· Registered
243 Posts
Remington 513-S

You can't go wrong. I have two of them......one I bought new in 1955 for $49.95 and one I bought a month ago from a dealer in Montreal for $89.95.

The $89.95 one had a stock crack at the wrist, and BUBBA had drilled four holes in the receiver for a scope (not even in typical Bubba fashion). I glued and put a wood dowel in the stock from the inside (it doesn't show) and had to make up my own scope mount.

Both rifles have about the same accuracy. One has been my rimfire hunting rifle for over 50 years, has probably fired over 100,000 rounds, and is still a fine accurate rifle.

About 13,000 of the approximately 137,000 Remington 513 rifles made were the Sporter model. The 513-S is the 5 Teen Queen.

Good luck on your purchase.

· Registered
1,789 Posts
I guess I am not the only one who keeps buying 500 Remingtons that I really don't need. I picked up a modified 513 S a year or two ago for around $250. The gun had a cap installed on the forend and period Weaver 6X scope on Stieth mounts. They use the rear sight dovetail and the existing holes for the factory peep sight. I bought it beacuse the price was right and I thought the scope and mounts were neat. The guy sold it right because it had been modified. It turned out to be one of my most accruate .22's I own. Better than my 513T and as good as my Stevens 414 single shot with the hair triger. For what I paid for it, I will never change it OR sell it.

· Registered
7,281 Posts
As I have often said... my 513-S is the very last rifle I will part with... may even take it with me :D . Has a better trigger than my T and have no idea who worked on it before I bought it... would like to know who the "artist" is. It is also more accurate than my T model and it's not bad. Mine has been D&Td for Weaver mounts, but still I wouldn't even consider selling it for a "$K".

· Registered
8,906 Posts
The 513-S is for the smart Remington collector in on the secret about how it shoots. Short of the heavyweight 37's and 40's, none of the other rifles in the lineup and very few from other makers will outshoot or come close to the amazing accuracy these rifles display. Noted rimfire author John Lachuk had a huge scope mounted on his and often used it as the benchmark for his published ammo accuracy tests in the '70's. You have a right to be proud.

· Registered
6,320 Posts
I don't have a 531-S (not yet anyway), I do have a 513-T.

I saw this @ a gun show and picked it up. I have turned down $100.00 for it.

The fellow trying to buy told me the sporter height Redfield sights are somewhat rare. The one for the 513-t is easy to find, because so many T guns were made.

· Registered
166 Posts
I don't have a 531-S (not yet anyway), I do have a 513-T.

I saw this @ a gun show and picked it up. I have turned down $100.00 for it.

The fellow trying to buy told me the sporter height Redfield sights are somewhat rare. The one for the 513-t is easy to find, because so many T guns were made.

one of my 513s came with this sight, one standard, didnt realize it was made for it.

· Registered
6,320 Posts
I didn't realize it either, untill I saw the sight, box and base together @ the show. I thought it would be good to have.

Jeepranch, so..one of your 513-S's came w/ the same sight as is on a 513-T?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.