Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
The bolt handle on my 513T hits the Redfield sight and I have to give it a little wiggle to get it past. I felt a little foolish when the gunshop owner pulled it right out after I tried when I bought it. Now it's second nature.

Outside of bumping into something similar, I can't imagine why the bolt in your gun won't slip right out after pulling the trigger.

Maybe it's one of those "You're trying too hard. Put it down and come back in an hour and it'll fall out on it's own." situations. ;)

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried everything, it's hitting the sear as I can feel it hit against the trigger. I'm no rookie at this and to be defeated by a .22 bolt is embarressing. I have pulled the safety assembly on my 550 Remingtons to remove the carrier and sear, but it's no easy task to reassemble, and the safety is very similar on this 512, but guess I will have to go that route to find the problem. Thanks Bob

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wish I could be of more help. I know for me it can be pretty frustrating for things not to go together or come apart like they should. I had somewhat the opposite problem with my first 512. The ridge on the bottom of the bolt that is supposed to catch the sear was ramped from wear and occasionally the bolt would come out when I cycled it after firing. Had to have the front part of the bolt replaced and now works fine. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts

I just fiddled around with my 512X and make sure you are getting full movement rearward on the trigger. The trigger must move completely to the rear and the bolt stop must fully retract downward in order for the bolt to slide out. Make sure the trigger guard is not preventing this.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I have full movement of the trigger but it still hits a stop. I fiddle with it every so often but want to take it to the range before I start removing parts. I sure it's just hitting on the sear. These don't have an adjustable trigger do they?

·
Registered
287 Posts
O.K.... I've got my 510 in my lap and will walk you thru though the bolt removal process step-by-step.

With the rifle butt resting on you leg, and the muzzle pointed at the ceiling....

1. Unlock the bolt and pull back.

2. Push the safety forward to the off position.

3. Pull the trigger.

If you still have the rifle pointed at the ceiling the bolt should literally fall out of the action. This confuses some folks because both the sear and the safety retain the bolt in the action, and each must be released in the proper order.

If this does not release your bolt you may have a problem in the action.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.