Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three Buck-A-Box Shooters in February at 50 yards.

Let me guess: Lots of you tried 50 yards with the Wally World fodder and you were not exactly proud of your score: So you hide the target. RIGHT?

OR: Maybe you didn’t put (BAB) behind the ammo type. The database looks for BAB in each record and it BAB ain’t there, your score ain’t here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
212-4x Chris Humiston. Panama City, Florida (Untamed)
Sako P94 Action. Burris Signature 8-32X. Remington (BAB)
Lilja Barrel, Hoehn Tuner, Jewell Trigger, McMillan Stock. Scope had a terrible case of paralax at 50yds. I had to use it on 8X. My bag for the front rest is on backorder. I had to use a sponge!

197-0x Eric Brooks Oneonta NY Brookie omitted
CZ 452 Special Weaver V-9 @ 9x Federal 510 (BAB)
Cold and stupid. Temps in the 30's. I was seeing a lot of vertical
dispersion and didn't stop to check the gun. The front action screw was and
scope clamp were loose.

125-0x Paul Johnson. Tuscaloosa, Alabams (Knitepoet)
AMT Lightning. Bushnell 3-9x32 @ 9x, Rem. 6100 40gr (BAB)
Butler Creek Carbon Fiber barrel.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Joe Haller said:
Two Buck-A-Box Shooters in February at 50 yards.

Let me guess: Lots of you tried 50 yards with the Wally World fodder and you were not exactly proud of your score: So you hide the target. RIGHT?

125-0x Paul Johnson. Tuscaloosa, Alabams (Knitepoet)
AMT Lightning. Bushnell 3-9x32 @ 9x, Rem. 6100 40gr (BAB)
Butler Creek Carbon Fiber barrel.
I didn't, but with a score as bad as mine, I SHOULD have!!:(
Paul

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris & Paul.

The losers are the rest of us. We didn't even try, or maybe we hide our targets.

As Forester said in another post yesteday::

"My friend Hoke Kerns says, everyone who steps up to the firing line and shoots, wins."

Words to think about:

You see, Paul: You and Chris are the WINNERS.

That should give the rest of us something to think about

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
My hat's off to Chris... that's a GREAT 50 score ESPECIALLY with BAB ammo. ( I'd be happy to shoot that @ 50 with ANY ammo)

My wife just got a laugh out of me telling her I finished a distant second..... the laugh came right after she asked out of how many;)
Paul

·
Registered
42 Posts
Score

Thanks for the compliments on the BAB score. My rifle was shooting everything I put through it that day right on target. Wish my scope and rest would have cooperated a little better.

Chris

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Ron, I imagine some of yours is weather related. I've worn shorts and a t-shirt to the range twice THIS week :D
I've got to find a better BAB ammo AND try my CZ.. It shoots a LOT better than I do and I'd HOPE to do better with it @ 50 with BAB ammo.
I'm not where I want to be, but I do seem to be improving ever so slowly :D

Paul

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
HUGE tie for third

50yd BAB
0-0x Large group of people
No rifle, scope or ammo used
excuses????;) ;)
So you see Ron... you and Phil didn't do THAT bad... y'all are in the group tied for a distant third:p;) :D :cool: :p
Paul

ps: sorry Joe but I couldn't resist:rolleyes:
PJ

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Hey folks
This is an idea, that I am putting out for your feed back. The number of people shooting BAB at 50 yards has never been good, best of my memory. If the 50 yards was changed to 50 feet would more people shoot BAB at that distance? The idea is to get people shooting and at 50 feet some of the new shooters could see some good sucess early and build there confidence to try the higher distances. Hey this is a idea---good or bad---what do you think?
graybeard
:( :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
50'

Graybeard,

I like the 50 yards, I actully won something!!! Just kidding, anything that will get more people shooting is a good idea. We could try it out and see if people like it or not?

Chris

·
Registered
44 Posts
I plan on shooting 50 yard BAB in the future, but I've got some work to do on my range first.

As far as Graybeard's idea about 50 feet BAB, if it means that I could shoot a few more targets in a month, I'd do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.