Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
i just purchased a nice 46b basically for my collection but does anyone know if it's a good shooter? at least under 3/4" at 50 yds any suggestions on ammo ? i know .22 are picky but sometimes what works for one guy will work for another.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED !!
Tom

God Bless OUR TROOPS they deserve our support and prayers.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Most of these guns shoot pretty well if they have been taken care of, tho not a full blown target rig. You might want to ck around the rec where it meets the bbl and see if there any British proof marks such as a stamped crown or letters with circles around them. If there are, you have one that was sent overseas to aid in the war effort during WW2. These are very collectable. They came equipped with adj peeps on the rear and a replacment set runs about 75.00.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mott, I have a 146B-A (from the mid-1950s i understand) which is definitely that accurate or better. My gun likes everything, but shoots very well with standard velocity type ammo (CCI-SV, for example).

The gun has a rear aperture sight and a hooded front post with 4 alternate beads.

I'm not sure whether the 46B is similar or not.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Good luck with the 46B I have a 45B taht was originally made for Wards. It has a preference for subsonic or even Long ammo instead of Long Rifle. Biggest surprise was that it shoots Aguila SSS into .75 with no problems using the iron sights. Mine has a Weaver 2.5 scope on it as well. For a rifle made in 1938 I love it and it feels more comfortable to shoot than most of the newer 22s I've tried.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
46 b

thanks to everyone who replied i always respect and apreciate other shooters opinions and general info.i should be receiving this gun this week so we'll see what happens
Thanks Again
Mott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.