Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a new 452 american that after I lowered the pull from about 3.9 to about 3.1 sometimes I pull the trigger to shoot and the trigger keeps pulling all the way through its travel and right at the very end it you pull hard enough it will fire. took it back apart and looked and cleaned everything and oiled up and while i was checking it with the pull guage it did it. The trigge was completly off of the sear and it was just sitting there like it was stuck. Anyone experience this?

·
Super Moderator
10,334 Posts
I'm not sure if I understand what is happening. Is this what you're saying?:
Usually, after cocking, the trigger engages the sear, disengages at 3.1 lbs. of pull.
Sometimes, after cocking, the trigger does not engage the sear, will finally discharge after pulling more than 3 lbs. Or, sometimes, after cocking, the trigger engages the sear, disengages with trigger pull but doesn't release firing pin, unless you keep pulling?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I guess its engaging the sear or it would not fire would it? Not really sure about the specifics but I cock the bolt and close it squeese the trigger and thetrigger pull all the way back and at the end of its travel when it hits the wall it evidently unbinds the sear and fires.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it done it once after I broke it down to oil and inspect it and was re setting the pull weight. It never done this until i backed the nut off to 3.0 lbs. Don't know if its just coincident or what. Just got it last week run about 3 or 4 hundred rounds through it so far. so I ran up the nut to 3.2 and will shoot some more this evening and try

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok went to the range today and started shooting make it 4 or 5 rounds and it happened again . Broke it down and inspected good this time . What it is doing is the firing pin ramp is getting stuck somehow on the sear. There must be some fine machine grooves on the firing pin or maybe the sear is to sharp or something. I just know by looking at it that is all it can be. broke the action apart and put it back together and shot the rest of the evening with no misfires. I guess i will polish the pin ramp a little ans let her rip. When it sticks the trigger travels all the way back the the front pin comes up under the sear and manually lifts it away from the firing pin . Oh well just another day in the mass production world :harry:

·
X-Mod
19,547 Posts
When you pull the trigger all the way back, the crosspin is suppose to pull the sear away from the striker, it's how you take the bolt out.

If it's getting stuck sometimes and not returning, there could be a bur of some debris on the trigger rod where it goes up into the action when the trigger is pulled.

Hope this helps. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.