Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 12 year old son a CZ 452 Special today. He is down stairs holding the box-- Making him wait alittle while to open it>HEHE. I ordered the 452 Lux for me.--- Is there any difference between the two other than the Walnut stock?

I was shocked a how nice this rifle was at the store. I held a sako, anschutz, and kimber. I liked the cz better. The Sights sold me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too would like to know if there is a functional difference. CZ says beech stock for the base model (special) and walnut for Lux but nothing different. Other than the wood used they appear to be the same.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Russell Hill

Man, you are a meany. Making that poor boy wait!

From the CZ website, my dealer, and other posters, the only difference is the wood. Beech on the Special-Walnut on the Lux.
Some of the Beech stocks are pretty nice looking. I bought the Special because of the CZ's my dealer had in stock I didn't see a Walnut that looked to be worth the extra money.

Since you have both, tear 'em down and make your own comparison. Good Shooting. And now would you PLEEEEZZZ let the boy open the box?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Difference

I actually contacted CZ-USA through email and they informed me that the ONLY difference between the two models was the wood used in the stock.

From what I've read, the Beech stocks are very nice, anyway.

For my money I can't see spending an extra $100 for slightly nicer wood. I'd rather spend that on a scope, extra mags, a decent case, slings, etc...

Hope that helps,

-John

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
New CZ Rifles

Hey Russell,
As the boy's special was about $100.00 less than your Lux, I suppose you are getting him the higher quality scope?
I think that would be a really nice gesture,especially after making him wait to open the box.
Hope you both enjoy those fine CZ's
Rod. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.