Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

452 fs

943 Views 15 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  pump .22s
I recently picked up a new 452 fs and noticed that the wood on the left side of the barrel is obviously thinner than the right side. The wood also has a wave in it along the length of the barrel. Now you have to look along the length to see the wave but the thinner wood is more obvious . Is this the norm or is it mine?
Thanks
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
775 Posts
My 452FS in .22lr exhibits similar irregularities. It is barely noticeable and does nothing to harm my rifles performance, as it is a laser gun. however my 452FS in WMR does not. My WMR seems to more refined on the fit an finish end of things.. Shoot it, that will keep you from worrying about the aesthetics.

· Premium Member
39,147 Posts
"Thinner" as in the stock's wood thickness is actually different? Have you taken the barreled action out of the stock and measured it with a caliper? I haven't seen this in any of mine, but it is certainly possible that the wood block wasn't properly centered in the machine when yours was cut.

I'd love to see a picture of it....

· Premium Member
58,322 Posts
Noticeable for sure but I'd shoot it and see how it does, neither of mine have had the problem, don't know how easy it would be to get it replaced.

· Premium Member
892 Posts
I don't have any pictures, but the wood on my FS in .22 LR is exactly even measured just behind the plastic cap. My FS has the hollowed out bolt, which I believe makes it pre-2008?

If it was a shooter, I would try to not let it bother you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.