Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

452 FS 22 mag

822 Views 17 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  bam-bam
Ordered a full stock 452 22 mag this morning. I was surprised buds had some left. I hope the wood fairy is nice to me. Now to find a 452 lux 22 mag.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure on the scope thing yet might just put peeps on it. I have a 17hmr FS that I scoped with an old weaver k6 I found that is blued steel and in perfect condition. I can't get used to the looks of a FS with a big obj. lens scope sitting on it. I used some millit rings with the ange plates on each side.

· Registered
375 Posts
Not sure on the scope thing yet might just put peeps on it. I have a 17hmr FS that I scoped with an old weaver k6 I found that is blued steel and in perfect condition. I can't get used to the looks of a FS with a big obj. lens scope sitting on it. I used some millit rings with the ange plates on each side.
agree, don't want a big scope on these FS...for me, i think i am going to swap my leupold 2x7x33 from my current 22lr FS over to my new 22wmr FS when it gets here, since the parallax for that leupold is 100yds(i think)...debating on buying either a rimfire weaver 2x7x28 or a rimfire sightron 3x9x32 SI for the 22lr FS, since those are 50yd parallax...both are $130-145 range

thought about the peeps too, but as accurate as these things are, i like a scope :D

· Registered
5,540 Posts
good point, but hear the new version of prostaff rimfire have very large ocular lens, and require high rings to clear bolt...need to verify though
The Nikons are really good but the large rear oculars and length of the scope will be an issue. Will post a couple of pics of my 2 FS rifles. Sightron on the WMR.
9 fingers

Nikon Monarch 1.5x4.5 scout type on 22lr

· Premium Member
39,147 Posts
Schnable, you will like that rifle. The 452 FS is just made for the 22WMR. It's a joy to shoot and the accuracy is every bit as good as with the 22LR.

Your rifle will be a beauty -- I've yet to see a FS that isn't gorgeous. :)

· Registered
775 Posts
My 452fs in lr wears a weaver rimfire 2-7.. it is a fantastic rimfire scope!.. I had a weaver v1-3x20mm on my fs in wmr, I loved it but it has since found a home on my AR, and now my wmr is back to the factory tangents.. I am seriously considering another weaver 2-7x32mm for the wmr I was so impressed with it. I like the ascetics of the small 20mm objective lens but I think the smaller < 33mm looks sharp as well.. and fits behind the factory rear just great on medium burris rings..

Congrats on the fs in wmr! Great rifles.

Sent from my DROID3

· Registered
2,553 Posts
My .22mag FS is my "walk in the woods gun" you will love it. Mine is box stock and it will do 1-2 moa at 100yds if I do my part.

Might suggest you look at some of the 1to 3-5X20 scopes. Last fall I put a Leupold 1-4X20 on mine..... looks great and still under $200. Also look at the Weaver 1-3X20. Not target scopes but great in the fields and woods.

Time to ask TimberBeast to post his beauty!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.