Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First round from the full clip goes straight into the top of the chamber area and jams. The round under this is scarred by the bolt passing over it which can't help accuracy. Best accuracy is about 2 1/2 inches at 100 yards with the Winchester ammo it likes best, is this about right for a 22 mag?
C-Z's fix was to send me a new magazine, same problem. I had to open the barrel channel as the barrel was hitting the stock on the right side. What's with C-Z's QC ?
Any ideas to help the jamming and bullet scarring problem? I was going to buy a 527 in 223 but the Savage looks like it has better QC.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I'm not Brookie but I can tell you of my own personal experience with my CZ Lux 22 Mag. Seems like you were having feeding problems a few months back?

At first my rifle would not feed - period! So I sent the mag to CZ and they sent me a new one. Still would not feed! Plus, I now had the added inconvenience of the mag not dropping out when the release was fully pressed - had to fully press the release and then pull out the new mag!

After closely observing the bolt face while attempting to feed a catridge it appeared that the dual extractors were exerting excessive pressure preventing the catridge rim from seating into the "bolt face recess". This prevented the catridge from feeding into the chamber. I alleviated some of the pressure ( by light filing) and the rifle began to magically feed ammo.

As far as accuracy - I once fired 4 consecutive 5 shot groups at 100 yards with a 12X Burris scope and firing from a bench rest. The avg. of the 4 groups was .875" using CCI Maxi-Mag 40 grain solid points.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.