Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Registered
2,620 Posts
What's the worst part is the seller continues to advertise these as something they're not and answers question in a way that still makes it seem they're 110% factory as they are. After being informed of the false facts he's claimed, the lies continue. Unethical and a liar in my book! karma kicks in sooner or later!

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
They do appear to be gone from eBay but there is way more to this story than the brief comments here.... I wouldn't be so forgiving... There were like 10 mags at least that sold in the $45-55 dollar range.... Seller was made aware on another forum long before this thread started.... Just be on the look out in future, is more the message.
I'll drop it now

· Registered
2,620 Posts
I just feel bad for those that fell for the scam, the line and the lie. Wanna make some and sell 'em fine and dandy but it's only right, true and ethical to make it known. I just know there's a name added to the blacklist for me.

· Registered
5,129 Posts
Well it looks like there is a new batch up for sale. He did change a couple parts of the description this time around as well as remove "very rare" from the title.

Old version-
Very rare and very hard to find they are made in very short production runs. So get yours now before they are gone for good.

This replacement part is a factory original from Ruger . Factory replacement parts are manufactured to the exact same specifications and tolerances and use the same manufacturing materials as the original part which guarantees excellent fit and reliable operation.

New version-
They are*hard to find they are made in very short production runs. So get yours now before they are gone for good.

This replacement part is new and in it's original box. Factory replacement parts are manufactured to the exact same specifications and tolerances and use the same manufacturing materials as the original part which guarantees excellent fit and reliable operation.

· Registered
6 Posts
If you “Skoler33“are going to say things about people tell the truth. I think that’s what you’re grilling me about the truth. I posted just what I was told by the dealer that sold these mags to me. As to the quote that you made about me telling you to F off that only shows who you really are. I told you thank you for your information. And for the other members that follow you blindly are the same as you. I don’t want to deal with people like you busy bodies with nothing to do but cruse the web and aggravate other folks because you are miserable.

· Registered
6 Posts
As for the 40 th anv mags I just ordered a 40th anv mag right from shopruger.com and guess what it’s identical to the ones that I have. Ruger states that the clear mags they are selling are 40th anv mags. So give it a rest about the 40th anv mags you need to order one from ruger like I did before you go running your mouth. You need to do your research before you claim things that you think are true!

· Registered
2,620 Posts
As for the 40 th anv mags I just ordered a 40th anv mag right from shopruger.com and guess what it's identical to the ones that I have. Ruger states that the clear mags they are selling are 40th anv mags. So give it a rest about the 40th anv mags you need to order one from ruger like I did before you go running your mouth. You need to do your research before you claim things that you think are true!
WE need to tell the truth and do the research??? WOW! :eek: So you believe everything you read then??? Look at the facts I alone have presented to you! If those aren't clear enough and you still continue to believe that you're selling items that are absolutley as you describe them to be, well...:smashfrea:coco: You say it's what your distributor told you... :rolleyes:

Lets start over and maybe, just maybe you'll somehow understand. Keep in mind while reading the rest, Ruger themselves told me these are NOT something they made in the colors! I'd certainly trust that more so than what a distributor salesman would say.

For starters, The 40th Ann mags came on a yellow backing and had the 40th Ann crest on them with the "SR" eagle not the "R" eagle currently used and which these you're peddling have. Also note the 40th Ann has a unique part number to designate it as such "BX-1-40"
For help, here's a picture of a REAL 40th Ann mag in it's appropriate packing.

Secondly, According to Ruger themselves, not some salesman, Ruger did NOT produce colored clear magazines. However, as been discussed here it's very easy to dye your own in just a few minutes.
Next...awwww I'll stop. Some are just too stuck and/or blind. At least the forum members are aware and hopefully won't be the ones being cheated and lied to.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thank you blkhawk.....

Ourcow.... Post some pics of model numbers and sku's..... When talking about collectibles and rare items PROOF is the only way you will be believed.

And please address the color issue which you never seem to do!!! What factory sku's did ruger use to call out red, blue, yellow, pink, smoke??????????

And do the math we are in the 48th year of the 10/22, why would they be selling them now as such... Perhaps a simple typo on the website??? Obviously your clear mag bought the other day is not rare or limited production and it's interesting your warranty on the colored ones is a clear mag.... We know your buying clear mags but you are only selling the colored/ RIT dyed versions... Another flag from an outside perspective!

Ps you should have taken this approach.... Upfront honesty!
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139333&highlight=tinted

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Shopruger.com is describing the standard clear mags theyre selling as being 40th anniversary.

Fom their website

*Detailed Description
10/22, 10/22T - 40th Anniversary 22 Caliber 10-Shot Rotary Magazine with Steel Feed - Clear

http://shopruger.com/10_22-Clear-Magazine-10-Shot/productinfo/90223/
Fair enough... Mistakes happen but it's the actual item that shows up with model numbers and Sku's that tell the story.... I'm willing to bet the mags shipping from ruger as "40th" are BX-1-CLR..... That is not the limited edition collectible that was release in 2004

· Registered
2,620 Posts
Just to reiterate, per a phone call to Ruger, the clear mags currently available are NOT actually 40th Anniversary mags, those having the 40th Anniversary crest and packaging. That is directly from Ruger, not from some unknown distributor or retailer. Regardless of what they're described as on the website, they're NOT 40th Ann mags! It IS a typo! That isn't the issue at hand though. What is, is the continued dishonesty and misleading scheme being touted to peddle these colored mags. Had they been described properly from the onset, none of this would be occurring and everyone would have a positive portrayal of the seller. That wasn't done so, the picture isn't as bright. ;)

Each different item would have a different designation, a different model number, part number and sku. That's is a given. These do NOT and the seller refuses to respond in any form to dispute that and provide any evidence to the contrary. When the facts are stacked against you, you'd think you'd wanna clear your name and either suck it up, admit your mistake and move on rather than continue the charade. Instead we just get a "well, they said ....." story. Heresay, that's all. proof speaks, heresay doesn't!

· Registered
2,620 Posts
Just had to resurrect this to see if the seller, ourcow, was still in denial as to what these actually and factually were. Still find it a bit well, scheming that there was no pictoral evidence to substantiate these as what they were sold as. No UPC codes given, no factory tags shown just "he said, she said" responses. Along that same line, for someone to put SO much trust in what "my dealer" said, the overwhelming show of these NOT being as they were touted, the responses I got directly from the manager of the Ruger merchandise/sportsware wasn't enough to discourage and make an honest person.

· Registered
430 Posts
All I know is this: I wanted some clear mags and a seller at the gun show had loads of them on Ruger cards. I don't care if they're 40th Anniversary or 2012, as long as they're clear and work right. All the packaging is already in the recycling facility and all the magazines are in the gun box.

May the collectors who buy things for 300% retail be happy. I paid $15 bucks and I'm happy, too.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.