Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im working on building my first ultimate and I am starting out with and RB Precision evolution stock and am now looking for a bull barrel.

I have pretty much decided on a kidd barrel and was wondering if this 3 lb. barrel will cause my receiver to bend in a free floating application.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'm running a KID barrel in a free floated B&C stock. The stock came from the factory with two pads, one in the front of the forearm and one in the rear where the barrel meets the reciever. I took out the front pad and left the rear pad in. I also modified the inletting so I have slight pressure on the barrel and rear of the reciever when it is torqued down. As for the fit between the reciever and the barrel, it was an exact slip fit the first two thirds of the way in and had a slight press fit the last third. I have had no barrel/reciever bending issues with my set up.

Brad

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
This sounds similar to my ultimate....

Originally it was intended to be in a Nordic AR stock, but the mounting holes on the MOA receiver are located differently than a stock 10/22.

I am really happy withe RBPrecision. I have a 25" full bull GM SS barrel and a SS MOA rcvr. The barrel is threaded for the MOA rcvr. To install the MOA I had the nub on the back ground off. This set up works very well, but I am in a quandry of how to bed it. The whole assemly rocks vertically about 1/32", with the naturally tendancy to tip forward. I am toying with various design to use Devcon Steel putty to bed the rifle, my thoughts initially were to bed the rcvr, primarily in the back in the rifles natural position. Bedding the rifle in the front puts barreled action out of parallel with the stock.... my main concern is the very small amount of room between the rcvr and the stock.... ideas???

·
Registered
18,147 Posts
im working on building my first ultimate and I am starting out with and RB Precision evolution stock and am now looking for a bull barrel.

I have pretty much decided on a kidd barrel and was wondering if this 3 lb. barrel will cause my receiver to bend in a free floating application.
I have done quite a few builds and floated every one of them with no problems. Some get better accuracy with a pressure pad at the last two inches or so of the forearm, but you will have to shoot your first flkoated and see if you need the pressure pad or not. The action will handle it just fine fully floated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.