Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father had a perfect cond 1964 39a mountie. I say had because he droped it about a year ago and broke the buttstock in half. For anyone who is curious the mountie has a straight butt stock where the regular 39 has a pistol grip. Anyway, it was made of a real beautiful burrled black wallnut(hence why it broke so easy). I finally convinced him to get a replacement stock, sadly, all that could be found was a aftermarket straight grain wallnut one. It will need to be finished when it arrives, any idea what kind of finish marlin used? it has a satin matte look, mabey tounge oil? would be great to know so I can match it as best as possible.
thanks
joe

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I know they were oil finished up until 1969 or 70, but I have no idea what kind of oil. If you don't get a definite answer here, try calling Marlin or posting at Marlin Talk on the Marlin site.

Nice rifles. I have a '63.

John

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should just stop in, they are walking distance from my house, so is mossberg, and winchester is 5 min drive. so are several others Interesting thing living here in New Haven. You would think CT would be more firearm frendly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.