Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice clean 39TDS, but it doesn't fire consistently. About one out of every three shots takes at least two clicks of the hammer to get the cartridge to go off. This happens with a variety of new ammo, all of which fires fine in my other rifles - Win 52D, 10/22, etc... so it's not a problem with ammo.

Anyone have any idea what this might be, and how it can be remedied? This is a sweet little shooter, if it would just fire every shot.

--John

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
If this is one of the newer guns with the rebound hammer, i am not suppised. i had one that did the same thing. ended up getting rid of it after i sent it back to the factory two times.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
John0

i don't know why marlin has not picked up on this yet. The hammer just cannot overcome the rebound and still hit the case hard enough to set it off. Did you take away all of the rebound or just some of it in order to get the gun working consistantly.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took it down to almost no rebound, but left just a little. I was a bit concerned about hitting the pin too hard.

You mean all of the newer 39's are like this? I thought I had screwed it up when I was polishing up a rough sear - this rifle came with a very stiff trigger pull. Man, that was irritating - otherwise it's a great little rifle, compact enough to fit in a backpack and hardly know it's there. Well, it shoots great now.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
john0

yeap all of the new 39's are like that. Thats why I won't buy one. They had a good gun til they decided to make the hammer do the rebound thing. They have been making them this way for over ten years now. I use to have two of the old 39's that you would set on half cock for safety they were nice guns. Too bad I had to sell them so I could buy food. Yeap had to sell them when I hit on hard times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.