Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was was wondering if you guys with Marlin 39's could post some pics of your rifles and/or some targets you have shot with your 39. I am thinking about getting one and I would like to see what your rifles look like (wood/metal fit'n finish) and what accuracy they are capable of. The favor would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Woodsman.

· Registered
68 Posts
39A

Hey Woodsman ,
I don't have any photos to show right now but , I can tell you this . The fit and finish of my 39A is beautiful . And the accuracy is
pretty **** good too . If you like lever actions , you'll like the Marlin . IF you purchase one , and IF you should decide to mount a scope on it ---- go ahead and purchase a good scope base . The one that Marlin supplys is a little weak . Good luck .

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Woodsman - Not sure about trying to post pics here on the forum but if you don't mind waiting a couple more days, I'll take a few and send them to you e-mail. Don't have any targets to show but my 39A shoots around three quarter inch with Win Power Points or Win HV's very consistently. My trigger was very "stout" and sort of gritty. I did some stoning and polishing on it and got some improvement. Still around 4-5 lbs but lots smoother. I've got a new trigger and hammer hanging on the wall just in case I screw up something when I do a little more "modification". Don't know if the pics will go through when I send an e-mail through your profile or not. You may want to send me your email addy so I can send them direct. Regards,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.