Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a mossy 352k/kc on here? just got one from my grandpa and after extensive cleaning it works and fires without going full-auto (he said it used to, the "hammer" notch was full of gunk) now its semi-auto only.

im going to refinish the stock and maybe the metal too. nothin fancy but make it look nicer. stock looks as if it was sanded with 60 grit then finished :( i think ill step up to somethin like 220 or 320...make it smooth.

before all that ill get to the range and shoot it see what kinda groups i can pull outta it :) sure is a neat, and ver well designed gun!

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive already taken everything off the stock, stripped it, and sanded it down with 220. i cant believe how good the wood looks under that crappy finish they put on it, and i cant wait to get some tru-oil on it and get it all put back together and shoot it :)

and i will be looking for more mossberg .22s.... :)

·
Registered
10,896 Posts
Nope!

reddogge said:
Love that handle. I totally agree.
:eek: I disagree!!!! i derive much pleasure from those little critters and am glad for them. Also if you were not aware they ARE good eating...That should open a whole nother post . :D

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the stock is done, 4 coats of minwax antique oil finish gave me the finish that i want, and im quitting before i get it too glossy. besides i dont think ill use it in rain, 4 coats should be PLENTY. its kind of a satin-semi-gloss. Barrel turned out OK with bc perma blue. much better than brown rust at least. eventually ill try something else. the parts i redid (magazine plate) didnt turn out too well. again ill get things right, in time i may even get it pro-done. price would be a turn off but it would look good and be worth it if it shoots good. hell, its a .22 i dont think its going to wear out in my lifetime. i WILL post pics sometime but i have to let the stock cure for a few days before i assemble stuff. and i gotta get my brother to bring his dig cam home too.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ya know? I've got one of those.

Well,actually it's my brother's who bought it new in '71 or so.It's got the mag that's adjustable for S,L,LR.

It has NEVER fed right.Jam after jam after jam. :(

He gave up on it about 15 years ago and gave it to me to try to do something with.I figured I'd just get another mag and that should cure the problem.I bought a new,LR only mag from Numrich and it's no better than the original. :confused:

Any ideas?

BW

·
Registered
570 Posts
jammin

Hi Bobby Winns,
I had the same problem with mine for several years. Tried diffeerent mags without success.
Some one mentioned the mag post being out of line.
I took the stock off turned the reciever up put the mag on the post and checked to see if it fit the bottem of the bolt. my post tilted back and mag front rode lower than the rear. removed the magazine and bent the post forward until the magazine fit same front to back.
I corrected the problem, as long as i used hi velocity ammo does not eject well with target ammo.
Hope this helps you.
W.Austin

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mine feeds shorts and lr just fine, but havnt shot it much. im actually kinda pleased how the bluing turned out, also got a bottle of G96 gun blue creme for the odd parts the bc stuff wouldnt touch, it works pretty good but u gotta be quick or it gets kind of blotchy. over all it looks a LOT better than it used to. stock is real nice now as well...

gonna see how she shoots sometime this week if its nice out...:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.