Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Laneman,there is a pin towards the bottom of the bolt(showing on only one side).It it the foreward push point for the firing pin return spring.Then the roll pin holding the firing pin in place.Those two are the only pins from the factory.Several people and CPC (one of our sponsors)have put a pin towards the front of the firing pin to keep it from moving upwards during firing. :)

· Registered
331 Posts
I put the forward pin on my daughters.:D The results have mede me decide to all my bolts this way.

One Major NOTE: This is not a simple as it looks job. The bolt is hard on the surface, and you must use something other than the normal drill bit to break through. Placing the pin is trickey enough without the proper equipment, but the hard steel compounds matters.

I did this first to improve the high rate of "miss fires" I was having with this particular gun. Miss fires are now almost nill, and accuracy improved as well.

Tools to do the job correctly:

High end drill press, or milling machine.

Either Carbide bits, diamond bits, Cobalt may work, but you get the idea.

A hardened pin of the right dia. (If you have to ask this one, don't try the job yourself)

Good skills.

Short of that, I'm sure Randy at CPC would be glad to do it for you.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm talking about stake marks, not pins. So the third stake mark was unintended. I thought so, as it looks crooked, like it was not deliberate. I guess I'll stone it out so the firing pin won't hang up on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.