Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Are those the Tascos you are looking at? What sort of rings are you planning to use? What scope are you trying to mount on what gun?

The reason I ask is that they will not work with Burris Signature Zee rings - they are a little bit wider than they should be. I ended up having to have them made.

I have a used set of the Tascos that I would part with - interested?

If you can wait I will have some low profile adapters for 11mm and tipoff mounts available in mid to late February.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I agree with Brookie. The Tascos are not correctly made to allow Weaver top mount rings to fit snuggly. I cannot use mine. If you think (Brookie) that you could supply me with a set of true 11mm to Weaver adaptor for mounting a scope with standard Weaver cross-slot rings, then I am interested. I can wait until the end of February.
Crete

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 3/8 scope rings adapter

menof2amendment said:
Hi buddy -- I have a set of rings for a 1 in. diameter scope that will mount on the weaver 3/8 in scope rail. These are blued Tasco rings, not made any more; new, made in 1989 and still in the package with allen wrench. asking $15.00. this includes postage and handling. :D
Thanks but CDNN has those same rings for $3.99 and I don't need any rings. Of course you have to add $10.00 for shipping from CDNN.

I don't need rings I need the rail. I have a red dot site with a built-in dovetail mount. I would like to mount on 3/8 rail. The red dot is a standard dovetail. Midway carries the B-Square adaptors but are out of stock. The weapon is a Keystone Crickett. It is my son's. I think it would be easier for him to use with the red dot.

I don't want to get started about how he should use iron sites first. I think it should be fun for him first then he can learn to use iron sites. :D

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have a two sets of the Tasco 3/8"Weaver adapters....

that I haven't used, and for two reasons. They are oversize compared to the Weaver bases (Burris Signature Zee Rings won't fit), and Tasco's single-screw attachment is not secure enough for a stable, solid fit on the 3/8" dovetails.

Brookie and I have ventured down this path before. That was the primary reason for the development of his alternative CZ 11mm dovetail-to-Weaver adapter. I am currently using one of those on my CZ Varmint with Burris Signature Zee Rings and wouldn't trade that setup for anything else that's currently available.

I'm also anxiously awaiting his 3/8" dovetail-to-Weaver variation.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Speedway

Those B-Square adapters look pretty good. They have two mounting screws instead of just one. Since Midway is out of stock, have you tried ordering directly from B-Square?

Let us Know how they work out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.