Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one of these 22 long rifles with the 29 inch barrel? Its called a Super ???? something or other. If you have one how does it shoot? Have you had any problems? thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
29 inch CZ

I have one of these--it says "Super BRNO" on the barrel but I believe is often called the "Ultra Lux." I just love mine--the looks, the balance, the trigger. Highly recommended.

Bill A.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Trcksr4me posted this a couple of pages back.

http://community.webshots.com/album/62256701wdxIpy

My only real gripe was the terribly heavy trigger our of the box. Brookies kit is a necessity, but thankfully easy, even for the "all thumbs" sort like me.

The stock is configured for use with the 300 meter iron sights, so a scope mounted at any highth will likely require something strapped to the stock for a decent cheekweld. Beware that generic leather cheekpads may not conform well to the sloping CZ stock; they seem intended for stocks with straighter lines.

I've had some Aguila Colibri stop before leaving the bbl, but that is hardly a defect in the rifle.

·
Registered
245 Posts
29 inch cz

CZ triggers seem to be very inconsistent as they come from the factory--the trigger on my Super Brno is great; a little creep, but quite light for a plinker (haven't weighed it yet, but I'd estimate 3 lbs.). My other CZ, a "Classic" model (what I believe is now called the "American") is much heavier--more like 6 lbs.

Bill A.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I love mine, it shoots great, but the trigger seemed heavy out of the box, but no problems with a new spring :) Looks like my pics were posted above already, glad they are useful to someone :)

In shooting from a bench I have not had any prblems with stock even with a scope on it, it works just fine for me. The rifle definately shoots better than I do, but I seem to be able to shoot 1 inch groups consistent, and shot a 25rd group of 1.5 inches. I think the gun is capable of much smaller groups than that though. The last time at the range I shot better than anyone else on the 50 yard range, so I was satisfied.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Mines got what I thought was a 28" Barrel and it's marked CZ 452-2E ZKM, It's got the 300M sights.
I LOVE mine, trigger pull's about 2.5-3lbs out of the box. I've got a pic of mine and my AMT (18" barrel) posted around here somewhere.
Paul
Found it :D
My 22's
Paul

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Re: zukiphile

English said:

300m sights on a .22RF? Have you ever tried it at that distance?
I've not gotten it outside yet, so I am only making little ragged holes out of the part of the target with the little NRA minuteman.

Some years ago, I did a lot of shooting past 100m with a Brno. I found that past 150m the bullet drop is so severe that one runs out of scope. I will note that the CZ rear sight is so high when set at 300m that it requires lifting one's face off the stock; for all I can say, it may be accurate.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I mounted a BSA Platinum 36X scope in BKL 257 rings on my Ultra LUX and I have no problem getting my eye on the scope crosshair. It's a good combination and very accurate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got an ultra lux/super brno 2500 about a week ago and finally recieved a scope for it yesterday.
The first thing I did to the rifle was to trade out the sling swivels that came with the gun for some american style studs. I then added a sling and set and cleaned cz's brown preservitive out of the barrel for two and a half hours(WHEW) using a bore snake,soaked patches,dry patches.
I mounted my scope with millett windage adjustable rings last night and decided to try a few rounds. BTW I set up a 15 yd range in my basement which works very well on days that the weather just wont work with me.
I fired 10 rounds of cci subsonic hpts from one of thoes cabelas "all in one" type rests and was real pleased with the results I got.
1st and second shot were a bit low probably because there was about 10 gallons of oil in the un fouled bore.
the third through 10th shot all went into a hole that was in the low 1s--a nice oval shaped group.
Mind you, I wasnt bearing down real hard, trying to really squeze accuracy out of it cause the rifle's no where near broke in but I know enough to recognize a good group when I see one.
The factory trigger measured 3.5 lbs on my rcbs scale which is a little better than average I think for these guns.
So far, I'm impressed with it, because of the extra barrel length the gun is heavier than my special but its also steadier off hand too. The extra barrel length makes for a much quietier report than the short barreled varmint also.
I did notice that the rubber recoil pad they added on this rifle gives it a longer length of pull than some of the other cz's
over all I am real pleased at this point with this rifle and cant wait to shoot it some more.
Hope this wasnt too long,
Mossey

edited to add; I also removed the rear sight ramp(for scope clearence) and the front sight hood.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
BobD said:
I mounted a BSA Platinum 36X scope in BKL 257 rings on my Ultra LUX and I have no problem getting my eye on the scope crosshair.
I can see through the scope without difficulty, but my cheek is perched above the stock, not wedged down into the stock as I prefer.

I even thought about having a kit installed to make a vvariable highth cheekrest out of the existing wood, but the wood looks too nice to cut up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.