Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 25n and sometimes it will not fire....seems its hitting the rim of the shells well but maybe too far on the rim not enough towards the center. Anyone had this problem. Wondering what parts i should order to try and fix this thing. Striker and firing pin springs and a firing pin? Not good when it doenst light off shooting at squirrels!! BTW my first post here.....looking forward to learning a lot

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Welcom to RFC! What kind of ammo are you using? Some rimfire ammo is better than others. Remington Bulk pack ammo in particular is known for giving alot of duds. Have you tried different brands? That might cure your problem.

Chunckchucker

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does it with all ammo

well all ammo that you can buy without going to Lapua or Eley...never tried any of that stuff but Win, Federal, Rem CCI, PMC...does it all. Just took the bolt apart and cleaned it all up....pretty nasty in there....may just get a striker spring and firing pin and see what happens....thats pretty much all the guts in there anyways. Thanks for the welcome....still kicking around the idea bout buying a CZ 452!!!!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Kinda sounds as if the gunk in the bolt may be causing the firing pin to stick. Maybe you cleaning it fixed the problem. If not, I would see if the end of the firing pin is deformed, or peened, causing it to not hit the rim properly. The 452 is a great rifle, have a couple myself.

Chunckchucker

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.