Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a 250C at a gunshow today. It was marked New Haven 250C. Anyone have one or information on this rifle. I have had a number of mossberg semi autos, but had never seen a 250C befor. How does it compare in accuracy to the other mossberg semi autos? The guy was asking $80 for it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hi Codygsp,
The New Haven 250C is a mossberg 350K working parts are the same.
I would say for 80.00 it is a good deal if it is in good shape. I would say it is probably equal to a mossberg. New Haven was another mossberg name for their products as they were all made New Haven,conn.
W.Austin

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went back and bought it. Took it home and gave it a good cleaning and then
took it out to the range. I tried about 12 different brands of ammo. The targets you see are with aquila HV 40gr, aguila HV 38gr. , Federal, American Eagle, CCI Blazer. Didn't like any of the winchester ammo, CCI green tag,federal champion, PMC Scoremeaster or Zapper. All things considered I think pretty good for $80.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tfrank said:
Distance?? was this at 25 yards :) or 50 yards :D :D Regardless of the distance the targets look pretty darn good to me!! God Bless, Frank.
Thanks Frank,
the targets were shot at 25 yards from a rest. I really didn't have any expectation that this 1960s mossberg would be capable of those size groups (with relatively inexpensive ammo). The most expensive ammo that grouped well was the aquila SE HV 40gr @ $14 a brick. The black
targets are 1/2" dots. The bottom left target was with federal american eagle which I get at gunshows for $8 per brick. I think its a keeper, can't wait to see how it does at 50 and 100 yards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.