Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
The 25mn is an outstanding 22wmr for the price. I would like to change the stock someday with one of those richard's microfit stocks, some of them are sharp lookin. I'm also considering the rifle basix trigger, lots of positive responce about that you can find in other threads. But I'm old school I guess and I do take the 25mn into the feild so nuttin' that shines and might give me away. Anyways, you can expect excellent results once your set-up with what ammo it "takes to" and get used to the sites or scope you choose. I might recomend starting to sight in @ 50, then move out to 75-80. Once you've got that nailed down get brave @100. Following that pattern I was able to achive ecellent accuracy @ 100 yards with Winchester 40 gr. jhp ammo. Of course you might take to CCI, or Federal ammo. Remington makes a nice v-max round but I've found this ammo shoots about 1" higher @100 then their psp's. Also @100 sighted in with Remington's the Winchester ammo then winds up 1" left. I've also noticed that around @75 even the gold-dot CCI ammo groups well having sighted in previously with Winch. 40 or 34(supremes) gr. jhp for example. To date, no mod's have been made to my 25mn and I had a great season last year! Here is a few shots of some great times I had gbt hunting. Sept. Sept. w/40 gr. jhp (notice the damage) Oct. gbt hunt using 40 gr. fmj's.
Good luck n' good shooting!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.