Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a model 241 born in 1949. while testing it about every 4th round it would stove pipe the empty. It always extracts but does not get the empty out of the action. It was loaded with gunk which I cleaned but I did not disassemble the extractor , it moved ok under finger pressure. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what should be done ? Thanks for any input. rick c

·
Registered
445 Posts
Welcome to CLUB 241!!

What kind of ammo?

I've got four 241's.Two are LR and the other two are "Shorts Only".

I dont' recall ever having a feeding,or extracting problem w/any of them and have used nothing but Federal or Remington bulk ammo.

If it's good and clean,I'd try some different ammo.They can be picky,so I'm told.

BW

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
The bulk packed Federal hollow points,load#750 I think,work perfectly in my 241.This ammo is packed 550 rounds to the box for about ten dollars.Walmart is where I get them,not proud of that.It's the only source locally that I'm aware of.My particular rifle functions pretty well with about all high velocity ammunition,but this Federal runs without a hitch,and is clean to boot.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
I have an earlier model 24 that hadn't been shot for at least 25 years and it did well with Federal Classics the first time out. Had one FTF in the first 10 and none after that.... no FTEs. I was loading up to go to the range with it and my 513S yesterday when it started to rain.... maybe today. Was going to try some Remington HVs and then some std. vel. in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.