Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have been thinking of getting a 10/22 magnum and i have a few questions abut the round, im sorry if the questions have been asked before, ok when i decide to upgrade and get a new barrel and such will a barrel for a 10/22 work or do i have to get one for a magnum, and same with the stock, also how avalable is 22m ammo, i haven't seen it in my locol stores that much, and could anyone tell me what the average price is, thanks

the only reson i want a rimfire for hunting is because here in connecticut there is no center fire hunting only rimfire, and i decided a 22m over a 17hmr, i dont know why though

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
10/22 magnum

Barrels, they are the same as a 10/22. but the chamber is different, you can't fire or chamber a 22 mag in a 22lr barrel, after market barrels are available

Stocks they are different as well, a 10/22lr stock will not fit a 10/22 magnum, but again the are available after market as well

Ammo you should be able to get the ammo at walmart, or any local sporting goods store, or order online if you like

Hope this helps

Clint

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
I think I'm paying $6.29 for a box of 50 Winchester Super-X 40 gr HP at WallyWorld. They always have plenty in stock.

I bought my 22 Mag over a .17 HMR because it has considerably more energy at 100 yards. That equates to a better chance of a clean kill on any quarry - mine being primarily groundhogs and maybe a coyote at closer (50 yards) ranges.

·
36,633 Posts
clint said:
Barrels, they are the same as a 10/22. but the chamber is different, you can't fire or chamber a 22 mag in a 22lr barrel, after market barrels are available. Clint
The bore size is different as well. The 22 mag having a larger bore than the 22 LR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.