Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
.22 Speedloaders

PlumberjimC,

Yes, several makers offer .22LR speedloaders for the S&W K frame revolvers: .22 Masterpiece, .22 Outdoorsman, K-22, M17, .22 Combat Masterpiece, M18, and the six round M617.

·
Registered
62 Posts

PlumberjimC, My primary carry / home gun is a Model 640. I don't carry a speed loader but I have two of them on my nightstand.

At the range I use a 2" Model 63 to simulate the feel of my 640 and I have several "HKS 22J" speed loaders so I can practice manipulating them. The .22 loaders are a little harder to get in place than the "HKS 36" which I use for my 640. But I think that could be a good thing, from my standpoint of practicing.

When you use a speed loader with a .22 LR, you will find that you have to run a brush through each chamber every 3 to 5 times. They dirty up rather quick and gravity alone will no longer pull the round into the cylinder.

You can find them at most gun shops for around 8 to 10 dollars. I have gotten three from "junk boxes" for $5.00 each.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.