Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
some of the IPSC matches I used to attend had side matches for 22's...did fairly well for a time...

would like to try it with the P22, I was using a 41 and was always afraid of ruining a mag if I dropped it or damaging the gun in some of the rough and tumble coursed they set up...bowling pin "replicas" made of plastic would be a good deal for a 22 side match..or even pie plates on a bench from a standing zone(no rest) would be fun...sort of like the colt speed event ...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey, Dusty......

Don't know if this is what your are looking for. We use golf balls. At my place there is a 70 foot high sand hill, with about a 60 degree slope, we use as a backstop. Two shooters stand side by side, two golf balls on the slope, see who can nudge their's up the hill to a pre-determined mark first. Use handguns or long, it's harder than you'd think.

Or put one golf ball on the hill, you try to nudge it up the hill, he tries to nudge it down the hill.

Obviously, a direct hit on the golf ball costs you the match. :p

My lady will be serving ice tea, while I shoot with a challenger. Then she says "That looks like fun, honey, can I try it?" The sucker, oops, challenger doesn't stand a chance with her. She can write her name on the slope, by placing golf balls in a pile at the bottom, and then nudging them into place. :angel:

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
You should check with all your local clubs to see what's offered. Many have unsanctioned /little advertized 22 pistol games. Around here , one club has indoor rimfire plate shoots during the winter and another has rimfire pistol silhouette spring through fall. It's all word of mouth to find them though. I shoot bullseye as well but have to admit that knocking things down has a satisfying side to it :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.