Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

22 magnum

649 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  JerryP
I would like to buy a 22 magnum. I want above average wood. I cannot find any CZ 452's and if I did, the wood may not be above average. I missed the one in the classifieds. Was the 453 ever made in 22 magnum? Your help would greatly be appreciated. I am open to all makes.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
375 Posts
finding one with above average wood might take you a while...watch gunbroker too, a used 452FS 22mag with great wood went for $881 recently :eek:, but that was the first 22mag 452FS i'd seen in >3months ..other 452 22mag models are more common though, like americans...lux's aren't common either...

· Premium Member
58,321 Posts
To my knowledge the 453 has never been offered in .22wmr in either the Varmint or American version, but with CZ you learn to "never say never".:)

· Premium Member
39,147 Posts
Jerry, it might take some time, but you can find one. The surest option is to buy a "used" rifle or one from a seller that will post a picture of the actual rifle and not a "stock" photo. Above average wood might also be purchased direct from CZ-USA in the form of a replacement stock -- they might be willing to pick a nice one out for you if you end up buying one with a plainer stock that you wanted.

This happened to me when I got a CZ 452 FS in 22WMR that arrived with a broken stock. It took CZ-USA 6 months to get a replacement stock to me, but I was rewarded for my patience.....

Original stock:

Replacement stock:

It was worth the wait to get the good stock. :bthumb:

· Registered
375 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.