Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very interesting result. My buddy brought his chrony to the range to check his handloads, so I took the chance to see what the Winchester Dynapoint Magnums do out of my old Tanfoglio TA76 single-action revolver, with a 4 5/8ths inch barrel.

Average was 750 FPS! They did about 1500 FPS in my new/old Ithaca M49 carbine. Wow, what a difference!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bigdog, Nobody around here stocks the Magnum Dynapoints so i'm ordering some through a local Ace Hardware. Said it would be around $6.50 a box. Seems like a pretty fair price considering even Wally's cheapest is $6.99 ( CCI 40gr ) and they don't shoot all that good with my Marlin 25MN. I tried the S&B 45gr and it grouped real nice but they're up to $8.99 a box now. I think my rifle tends to lean toward liking heavier bullets......T+T

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
It's funny that your Walmart doesn't carry the Win Dynapoint Mag ammo, all the ones that I have been to have plenty of it for around $5.50 or so. Not that it matters..it don't shoot good anyway.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Bigdog said:
A very interesting result. My buddy brought his chrony to the range to check his handloads, so I took the chance to see what the Winchester Dynapoint Magnums do out of my old Tanfoglio TA76 single-action revolver, with a 4 5/8ths inch barrel.

Average was 750 FPS! They did about 1500 FPS in my new/old Ithaca M49 carbine. Wow, what a difference!
Hmmm. That sounds a tad slow, my Ruger Single Six 5.5"er will push that Dynapoint 45 gr load out the muzzle at around 1250! Seems like an extra inch of barrel length shouldn't make 500 fps worth of difference! Does your S/A Tanfoglio show an excessive amount of gap between cyl/barrel? Should normally be around 5 or 6 thou'.....

Dennis

BTW, come to think of it, my wife's .22 mag Derringer will do close to 1,000 fps. I think something's wrong with your revo...

·
Registered
80 Posts
AK, you're right. I called Wally's and they do have it for 6.27 a box. Both stores, the one here and the Supercenter in the next town over, Inverness. Of all the times i've been in both those stores all i ever could see was the CCI and a box of Winchester Magnums. I'll be getting some tomorrow night to try out on Friday morning if weather permits.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Dyna point

Hello Bigdog,
I shot a bunch the other day at 100 yards. Had 7or 8 bulls with federal 40 gr magnum the rest were 10 o'clock to the bull.I then shot PMC pedators 40 gr
they hit just left of the bullseye.
I then shot about 20 of the dynapoints 40gr but could not figure where they were. After getting my spotting scope I found them. they were in a group about 11/2 inches to the left of the center line about one inch same as the other shots but about 6 inches lower than the predator or federal.
W.Austin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.