.22 lr barrel on a .22mag rifle

622 10
Can this be done, will it fit and function?:confused:
Thanks Longboard
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you are talking about a 77/22, the answer is yes it will work. In addition to the barrel you will need to change the trigger guard assembly and get a 22lr magazine. (The trigger guard assembly determines wheter the gun will accept a 22lr or 22mag magazine).

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you are talking about a 77/22, the answer is yes it will work. In addition to the barrel you will need to change the trigger guard assembly and get a 22lr magazine. (The trigger guard assembly determines wheter the gun will accept a 22lr or 22mag magazine).
This answer is right on. It can go the other way also. This is true if you are using the factory walnut stock. If you have the boat paddle you would need the 22 mag boat paddle stock.

I have converted in both directions. If you have questions feel free to PM me or post questions that all may read. I will do my best to provide the information you need. Also Ruger themselves know what parts you will need.

Check also Brownells schematics on the Ruger 77/22 then look for what you need. It is fun and rewarding to do.

Here is another thread with more info on the parts.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230076&page=2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.