Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

22 Hornet...Pros & Cons?

4K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  justice 
Kid,

The hornet is a great little round.  Cheap, although not easy to reload. (little cases and bullets)  Vmaxs are great!  This little round is deer legal here in AL.  It is very effective with properly placed shots.   Never gave much thought to chamber life with these.  The 22/77 in stainless  is a dream to shoot.  Though Ive said before I do not, and do not condone night hunting, this is a favorite of the night hunters down here. (The sherrifs dept usually has one or two confiscated.)  I think youve got the right order though.  I like the 22/250 over the .222 though.  Bottem line, its cheaper to shoot.    

plchacker....you shot any of those V-Maxs in your 22-250 yet....they seem to be the "Thing" right now, you see them in different calibers and diff grains....later Kid
Yep, I like em. Amazingly if you down load just a little, they have good penetration. I dont remember the load off hand, but they did better than Barns X. OOPs just re-read, I dont have a 22-250 yet. I was thinking Hornet. Cant say with the 22-250.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.