Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

22 Bolt Action

532 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  timberbeast
Hi everybody, I need some help. Starting a new project. I would like to build a 22 both action rifle . last summerI built two 10/22 . (One ) All parts and receiver and barrel are Volquartsen . Second one . Kidd parts and receiver and Lilja barrel.I love them both I even glass bed the stock .all information came from this web site it came out great.. I like the kidd but that's just me.OK for the question. who makes a good bolts receiver do I buy a Ruger,Remington,or savage,and then send them out to be worked on.or is there somebody like kidd that builds both actions. I would like to use Lilja or Shilen barrels.would appreciateany informationthank you
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
22 bolt gun custom actions

Bobdi,
Stiller precision builds a quality custom action on the same footprint as the short 700 rem action.It will utilize all the bolt ons as a 700 s/a.Then you will have to choose a gunsmith to chamber and install the barrel and stock of your choice.Another option would be to find a Rem 40X as a donor and do the same.22 bolt guns are like anythingelse you can go from mild to wild.

· Registered
1,140 Posts
Variables

Without knowing the intended purpose or the budget, how can anyone offer a reasonable opinion? Many guns will shoot better right out of the box than the average shooter. Unless it's serious bench competition an above average sporter will fill your needs. Learn to shoot one gun well. Like many on here I too have a selection but many times fall back on the Anschutz 64 sporter that I've had the longest.

· Premium Member
39,147 Posts
Find a nice Sako 94S (Finnfire) action and go from there. You can also buy an d BRNO action and work of that, or a CZ 452 action.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.