Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For what it's worth, I thought I'd summarize the results from about 3500 rounds of ammo in my Anschutz 64 MPR. These are some conclusions I've reached in shooting this gun for about 4 months.

At 25 yards, the best ammo for this gun seems to be Wolf Match Extra, Wolf Match Target, Remington Target 6122 which all give five shot groups of less than 1/4 inch. The worst that I've tried is Winchester T22 which gives a five shot group of about 1/2 inch.

At 50 yards, the best are Wolf Match Extra, Lapua Master L, Lapua Midas L with five shot groups in the range of 1/4 to 5/16 inch. The worst are Federal Spitfire and Winchester T22 which group about 3/4 to 1 inch for five shots.

At 75 yards, the best are Wolf Match Target and Eley Match EPS which give five shot groups of about 3/4 inch. The worst I've tried is CCI Greentag which grouped about 1 1/2 inch for five shots.

At 100 yards, the best are Lapua Midas, Lapua Master, and Eley Ultimate EPS Tenex which group around 3/4 to 1 inch.

For shooting the USBR targets (on line matches) at 25 yards, Eley Tenex Ultimate EPS, Wolf Match Target, Eley Match EPS, and Wolf Match Extra seem to be the best in my gun.

For shooting the USBR targets (on line matches) at 50 yards, Wolf Match Extra and Lapua Midas L have done the best for me.

I have not done a lot of testing with Eley Ultimate EPS Tenex or Eley Match EPS or Lapua Midas L so the above results are subject to change. I have done the most shooting with the Wolf MT and ME.

A "sleeper" in my gun at ranges under 50 yards seems to be Remington Target #6122 ... it does surprisingly well for cheap ammo. Thanks to Knitepoet for picking it for one of his sidematches, or I may not have stumbled across it.

If you have similar "favorite ammo that's available" for your Anschutz rifles, I'd appreciate hearing about it. I'm always looking to try new stuff.

.... Retiree

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Retiree said:
<snip>A "sleeper" in my gun at ranges under 50 yards seems to be Remington Target #6122 ... it does surprisingly well for cheap ammo. Thanks to Knitepoet for picking it for one of his sidematches, or I may not have stumbled across it.
You're quite welcome. Glad I could help SOMEBODY out:D ;)
Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.