Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I decided to put my 5.5 inch target barrel from Volquartsen's bargain bin on my 22/45 frame today and got in some practice.

The pistol felt great. A bit heavier than it is with the stock Lite barrel but not uncomfortable. The target barrel is not tapped for a compensator but with the extra weight I didn't miss it. Muzzle rise was limited and I never lost the front sight out of the target.

I shot CCI Blazer 36 grain and Agulia Super Extra 40 grain bullets today. All fired first time and shot very well out to 25 yards. I think I'll be shooting this configuration at our next Steel Challenge match or if I really want to go rogue I'll put the 10 inch barrel on. I'm going to practice with it next week.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm seriously considering switching to the 5.5" VQ take off with TacSol fiber optic sight rather than the Holosun 510 combo on the Lite upper... I'm not going to win the Cadillac anyway... may as well work on some practical skills... Les

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'll tag along... ordered a rib for the VQ take off barrel that had been set up for Steel Challenge pistol irons... figured it would be a good practice combo for the one match a month I shoot with both pistol and rifle...I had a squib with bulk Federal, and did not care to stick another in the thin 22/45 Lite barrel.... pirated the 507 off the PCC that I haven't shot since before COVID... takes more concentration to pick up the dot in the smaller 507 compared to the 510, but that is what practice is for... you guys are giving me reasons to spend money... on a related post, the Hornaday One Shot dry lube is working out well... regards Les
Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun Hat

·
Registered
202 Posts
OK... changed sight on the 5.5" to the HS 510... for the way I swing through Steel Challenge targets, I'm going to stay with the heavier 5.5...the Lite barrel, even with the added barrel weight, is still a little too "whippy" for me to track the dot smoothly.... could have saved a couple of hundred bucks getting a standard model initially...I know that I like a heavier gun from the way the SW M41 shoots, but wasn't sure of what challenges a new shooting sport would present...Steel Challenge is a new game for me, so I'm still in the low end of the learning curve...regards Les

1 - 10 of 10 Posts