Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new 22/45 Hunter and have read numerous threads where many have ground the frame and installed the colt officers model 1911 grips. Has anyone tried the pachmayr slip ons? They come in 3 sizes I think, will the mediums fit the new 22/45? I would rather do this than something as radical as grinding the frame. The current frame size is just a little small and would like it to match my 1911 as close as possible.

Thanks

Tony

·
Registered
518 Posts
The main problem a lot of guys have with the slip-on grips (either Pachmeyer or Hogue) is that if they don't fit just right, they won't stay tight on the grip.
In any event, the slip-on grip would need to be removed to disassemble the pistol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just purchased a new 22/45 Hunter and have read numerous threads where many have ground the frame and installed the colt officers model 1911 grips. Has anyone tried the pachmayr slip ons? They come in 3 sizes I think, will the mediums fit the new 22/45? I would rather do this than something as radical as grinding the frame. The current frame size is just a little small and would like it to match my 1911 as close as possible.

Thanks

Tony
Tony,

I have the mark III 22/45 hunter I put on a pachmayr slip on and it fits fine as stated above you have to remove it when you do a field strip.

ron

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am considering the grip mod. on my 22/45. I am not real well versed on the Colt .45 parts but wonder... Do the aftermarket suppliers have different thicknesses available? I noticed my frame had the "grip" thicker at the top than bottom where they are nearly flush in comparison. Are .45 grips available in varying thicknesses? I would like them a bit "chubby" if possible.
Brent

·
Registered
518 Posts
I am considering the grip mod. on my 22/45. I am not real well versed on the Colt .45 parts but wonder... Do the aftermarket suppliers have different thicknesses available? I noticed my frame had the "grip" thicker at the top than bottom where they are nearly flush in comparison. Are .45 grips available in varying thicknesses? I would like them a bit "chubby" if possible.
Brent
They're available thinner than standard. I don't know about fatter. If they are, they'll advertise them as such.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Yes, you can get them in a "standard" thickness as well as a "slim" or "CCW" thickness with is generally very thin.

There are some out there that are thicker, or than have palm swells and slightly different profiles that will feel thick....though I can't specifically point you in the direction of a "thick" 1911 grip.

Many of the custom made wood grips can be had "thick" by special request...but you're likely looking at $50+ for the pair.

If you look in my "22/45 mods, my way" thread you'll find measurements of my factory 22/45 grip, as well as the hogue 1911 grip I installed. I'll tell you it fills the hand MUCH better!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.