Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

After reading some posts in this forum, I understand that some time ago (2002-2003???) Wal-Mart offered an exclusive Ruger 10/22 (with a stainless steel barrel and a checkered stock). However, I also read that Ruger stopped making these rifles a while ago...

Just today, while in Wal-Mart, I saw that they offered a 22" stainless steel Ruger 10/22 with a checkered "american hardwood" stock @ $214.

My question is, does anyone know anything about this gun? Is this a new run of the Wal-Mart exclusive. And if so, would the quality be the same as a regular Ruger? I used to work at Wal-Mart and I know that with some items (not necessarily firearms) the supplier will build an item with lower costs to meet Wal-Marts pricing, but the quality of the item suffers.... if that's the case with this Ruger, I'll simply get another model.

Thanks, and happy 4th to everyone!

DV

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
ww 10/22 question

DarthVader said:
Hello All,

After reading some posts in this forum, I understand that some time ago (2002-2003???) Wal-Mart offered an exclusive Ruger 10/22 (with a stainless steel barrel and a checkered stock). However, I also read that Ruger stopped making these rifles a while ago...

Just today, while in Wal-Mart, I saw that they offered a 22" stainless steel Ruger 10/22 with a checkered "american hardwood" stock @ $214.

My question is, does anyone know anything about this gun? Is this a new run of the Wal-Mart exclusive. And if so, would the quality be the same as a regular Ruger? I used to work at Wal-Mart and I know that with some items (not necessarily firearms) the supplier will build an item with lower costs to meet Wal-Marts pricing, but the quality of the item suffers.... if that's the case with this Ruger, I'll simply get another model.

Thanks, and happy 4th to everyone!

DV
That is the "WW Special". and is mearly a pecial run produced exclusively for Wal-Mart! Nicer stock, no barrel band, sling swivels, and a receiver marked Rifle instead of carbine is only difference, except for 22' barrel with sights! For a stock gun the are great, needing just a tweaking, to make things more comfortable, like trigger pull, and just for caution< had my barrels recrowned, and are great shooters! If your gonna build one, buy a carbine, if funds are tight, and save a buck, cuz the receiver is the same, except for being stamped a rifle, thats about a 40-50 dollar saving! Blue model receiver can also be stripped and polished to match receiver on SS models!
Lotsa choices and options, get on the sponsers column and give them your credit card# and checking account #, and do it now, cuz, sounds like your already hooked! Pick yourself out several colors, half a dozen or more barrels and trigger groups, go fer it buddy!
Better than sex, ( and has a higher resale value)!!
Happy shooin, And happy 4th!!!!! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.