Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2002 buck shot this thanksgiving morning around 7:30 A.M

And my 2002 Bow killed bull that is almost finished, just paint and a tounge...

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys! Yeh I havent been around much lately due to work and Hunting, but yet another victim fell to the 340 Weatherby Mag this morning when he came in to the gut pile for a snack.. I know a little over kill for a yote, but it shure did the Job!

Later..........

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Dean,
I haven't yet taken him to the locker to get a weight but I'll guess around 200 lb. dressed out and hanging. Inside spread?? you mean the liver?? sorry its already gone... heheee, I haven't a clue, and I haven't measured it. and as far as the 340 goes I just haven't shot it in a long time so I grabbed it this morning when I left, only problem was I thought I missed him.. he was about 40 yards when I pulled the trigger and he vanished! after the smoke cleared and I regained my sight (kinda knocks ya silly) It blew him uphill about 10 yards ... but yes it was Very Humane.

Targetshooter,

Thanks, and yes I'm going to guess he is 3-1/2 yrs old, and my setup? I hunt over a small food plot from a ground blind built out of tree limbs and sagebrush, I use a Hoyt duel cam intec, with beeman 400 carbon arrows and 125 grain Muzzy broadheads, a trophy taker drop away rest, wrist release, 78lb pull and 30" draw, at 320-330 fps... I think I covered it all...

Viper,

Thanks man, I am just thankful I have 16' vaulted ceilings in the house to hang all these beautiful animals up on...

Oh, and yes Plinker I am helping my Buddy Tim Mclagan (my taxidermist) do my elk.. I am learning...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well good luck to you Plchacker, Funny you mention the freezer room, I was just looking in the paper today for a used second frezer as the 1st one is FULL!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
when I first started tuning this bow I was having miseriable luck in getting it to group with carbon arrows at max poundage until I got the ics 400 beemans and the drop away rest, a few twists here an there in the string and this thing groups better than I can shoot it. through paper its a bullethole everytime. and yes I am using 4" vanes. I think the problem before was the weaker splined arrows flexing to much at release and having the fletching hitting the riser, the stiffer arrows and the dropaway rest solved all my problems.

Later...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.