Some nice trophys you got there.

Are you doing the work on the elk
mount yourself.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Bergerson,

You no good <censored>

I was just asking where you been. And then I thouht, you know it is deer season.

Did you weigh it? Inside spread? Green Score?

Just wondering.

Welcome back,

Dean_311

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys! Yeh I havent been around much lately due to work and Hunting, but yet another victim fell to the 340 Weatherby Mag this morning when he came in to the gut pile for a snack.. I know a little over kill for a yote, but it shure did the Job!

Later..........

·
Registered
88 Posts
Deer

Hello,
Nice Deer Congrats on the shot , those Mulies have nice size bodys would you age him at 3 to 4 yrs , ive never hunted out west just the whitetail in the Midwest , Mo ,Kan , Iowa ,Neb
mainly within a couple days of my home . whats your setup

TargetShooter2

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
340 WB MAG

Are you crazy/

OVER KILL! Just a little. Congrats. 340 is what you carry for back up incase they dont come any closer for a bow or what?

Dean_311

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Bergerson,

Again, you amaze me!

What a great looking buck! I'm glad to see that you're doing so well as far as hunting goes, this year!

And the elk looks Beautiful! Where are you going to put it in your house? It will probably only be about 2ft. off the floor because of those huge antlers!

Great shot on the coyote! A bit of overkill, but it definitely got the job done! Nice and humane. You can't ask for any more than that!!!

Great shooting all around! Definitely a job well done!!!! :D :D :D

Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Dean,
I haven't yet taken him to the locker to get a weight but I'll guess around 200 lb. dressed out and hanging. Inside spread?? you mean the liver?? sorry its already gone... heheee, I haven't a clue, and I haven't measured it. and as far as the 340 goes I just haven't shot it in a long time so I grabbed it this morning when I left, only problem was I thought I missed him.. he was about 40 yards when I pulled the trigger and he vanished! after the smoke cleared and I regained my sight (kinda knocks ya silly) It blew him uphill about 10 yards ... but yes it was Very Humane.

Targetshooter,

Thanks, and yes I'm going to guess he is 3-1/2 yrs old, and my setup? I hunt over a small food plot from a ground blind built out of tree limbs and sagebrush, I use a Hoyt duel cam intec, with beeman 400 carbon arrows and 125 grain Muzzy broadheads, a trophy taker drop away rest, wrist release, 78lb pull and 30" draw, at 320-330 fps... I think I covered it all...

Viper,

Thanks man, I am just thankful I have 16' vaulted ceilings in the house to hang all these beautiful animals up on...

Oh, and yes Plinker I am helping my Buddy Tim Mclagan (my taxidermist) do my elk.. I am learning...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Very Nice, again, and again, and again,

Hey, I hope you've got enough freezer room. Between the elk and the mulie, you'd have mine full. Today will be my first day in the woods this year, well with a rifle anyway.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well good luck to you Plchacker, Funny you mention the freezer room, I was just looking in the paper today for a used second frezer as the 1st one is FULL!

·
Registered
88 Posts
set up

Hello

Your setup
Hoyt duel cam intec, with beeman 400 carbon arrows and 125 grain Muzzy broadheads, a trophy taker drop away rest, wrist release, 78lb pull and 30" draw, at 320-330 fps.

On your set up are you using a 4 inch vane with the Beemans ?
and Pushing that arrow combo @ 300 + with the Muzzy do you have any eractic arrow flite pass 20 yds . I have shot 3D arrows
at 320 to 330 fps and when i didnt get a perfect release that arrow was 3 to 4 inches out .
Iam still using the same Beemans Hunters that i received when i shot for Beeman before Easton took them over . its amazing to see how far archery has came in the last 20 years . i remember
when a 230 fps arrow was considerd fast .

Thanks for your replies
TargetShooter2

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Re: set up

TargetShooter2 said:
<snip>
On your set up are you using a 4 inch vane with the Beemans ?
and Pushing that arrow combo @ 300 + with the Muzzy do you have any eractic arrow flite pass 20 yds . I have shot 3D arrows
at 320 to 330 fps and when i didnt get a perfect release that arrow was 3 to 4 inches out .
<snip>
The kid I bought my Hoyt Magnatec from, said when he used carbon arrorws in it, it got inaccurate. He said it was **** fast but inaccurate. He said the same thing that it was eratic arrow flight.

Dean_311

·
Registered
88 Posts
Setup

Hello

Dean_311

just some info , when i tried to shoot a hunting arrow 100 grn 3 blade Muzzy @ 300+ i had 2 out of 8 arrows that flew like darts
the rest was eractic , when i reduced the speed to 270 fps they all grouped under 3 inches @60 yds . these arrows had FOC of 7.10 . i have shot the Vortexs @300 + though i have bows set up for early and late seasons as the weather get colder i switch to my bow of 62 lbs. Bergerson setup is awesome and i wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of that broadhead .:D :D :D

TS2

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
when I first started tuning this bow I was having miseriable luck in getting it to group with carbon arrows at max poundage until I got the ics 400 beemans and the drop away rest, a few twists here an there in the string and this thing groups better than I can shoot it. through paper its a bullethole everytime. and yes I am using 4" vanes. I think the problem before was the weaker splined arrows flexing to much at release and having the fletching hitting the riser, the stiffer arrows and the dropaway rest solved all my problems.

Later...........

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Bergerson

Bergerson said:
Well good luck to you Plchacker, Funny you mention the freezer room, I was just looking in the paper today for a used second frezer as the 1st one is FULL!

Instead of a new freezer,you could
just have a cookout and invite all
your RFC buddies over.:D :D :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.