Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I got the new jarvis hammer back and cleaned and put gun back together.Its the heavey barrel .22 mag.So before I shoot it I got questions. I notice there is a little side to side play on the trigger.Is this normal? And on the 2 screws that hold the gun together I notice if I hold the forarm and wiggle it I can feel the barrel move.Is this normal? I tightend the screws a little more and its not too bad but still a little.I thought I seen a post that said don't tighten em down too tight.So is this all normal stuff or am I just too parinoid and critical?Thanks for your knowledge on this gun.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
I think the two screws people were talking about not tightening too much where the two little "plug" screws that hold the bolt rails in the reciever (not the two screws that hold the action to the stock).

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recon I'll really tighten the screws up that hold the gun together then.Search don't work and I thought I seen someone say dont over tighten the rear one and its longer too or something.I still hope someone can let me know for sure and I'd really like to know if the trigger slop movement from side to side is normal too?Thanks for any replies

·
Registered
333 Posts
Bill, what I do each time I take the rifle apart is setup a target at 25 yds and slowly tighten the action screws and shoot three shot groups until I get one ragged hole. The front screw should be tighter than the rear. The manual recommend using a inch pound torque wrench but I never remember to buy one :) Mine is the 597 LS .22 maggie.

·
Registered
645 Posts
This post has been viewed by over 90 or so and no one can tell me if the trigger side play is normal.I guess I'll never know.
I checked mine out and there is some play but I don't think it's enough to be concerned about.
Remember, everything in there is plastic except for the pins.
PS ...I just checked my wifes 10/22 and it wiggles around like a hula dancer ... and those parts are metal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.