Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
926 Posts
Coincidentally, today I took my 60 to the range with three different kinds of Aguila ammo. The Supermaximum Hyper Velocity 30 gr. rounds were outstanding. I know ".22" and "recoil" aren't normally found in the same sentence, but the SHVs left the barrel with noticeably more enthusiasm than CCIs.

The Aguila SuperExtra 38 gr. subsonics would not cycle the action.

And, surprisingly, the 60 gr. Super SubSonics did cycle the action fine.

So to answer your question about subsonic ammo, it depends. :D

I put a scope on mine, but before that the iron sights worked fine. YMMV.

· Registered
926 Posts
You should hear those Supermaximum's out of a Charger...freakin loud (for a 22LR), makes a completely different sound than all other 22LR I've shot.
Oh yeah, that was the other thing. It might be my imagination, but I have a Henry .22 mag levergun, and I think those LR Supermaxes were almost as loud, and kicked* almost as much, as .22 mags. :eek:

(*"kicked" being a relative term :D )

· Registered
926 Posts
37 years old and I can still see the same as when I was 20.....Irons are not a problem.....
Thirty-seven?? Bwahahahahahahahaha! Give it another thirty or so and then let's see how good those eyes are, whippersnapper.:p When you get into silverback territory, it's a whole different world out there. What you can see of it, anyhow. :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.