Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Whitetail firearms season has came and went.
My group had the meat they wanted with tags left over, by Monday 3rd of 9day season. I shot a big buck fawn.

Second weekend rolls around and my father and I went to friends camp to see how they did. Still wanted a few. Made a push, the deer ran back through the drive. Drive consisting of: me and my dad and 4 standers. Should have shot one but let it go:mad:
Sunday last day, we made the same push, and no deer. We get back to the cabin and one of the guys says oh I really want one. My dad looks at me with a due your duty look, and I said, where do you want it delivered? I left from there went to my bow stand wi. Hunters had stirred the deer up pretty bad. Grunting and rattling and nothin came. Finally a nice fawn steps out, bang>.... Hunched and stepped in the brush:confused: did I hit it? should of? Got done 15min later found NO BLOOD NO HAIR :eek: Made a loop out through the brush, one dead buck fawn. Dropped off at friends house, helped him peel the hide off and he was plum happy :).

So then I get to talking to my father the other night, and he tells me the same guy wants one more small one, we want one, the two others that were out at the hunting shack wanted 2 more, and some more in my hunting group one small one to try to can it. :)

2 down; 5 to go. Gotta love being addicted to hunting.

So what are the results from other hunters out there.
Dean_311

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I'll be leaving in about a half hour to sit in the stand. If anything good happens I'll have to post here. Nothin like opening morning of 2nd season.:D

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me guess a slug hunter?
I have a friend that shot 12 point over next to the S Dakota boarder with the slugs last weekend.

Dean_311

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
All I could manage was a 7 pointer. Yes I am a slug hunter, this year I am using a Remington 1187 with some Hornady sabots. It was a long day of driving deer, but fun.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.