Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda new here on RFC. I hadn't pulled the trigger on a gun of any kind since I moved out of my parents house 13 years ago. My father knew that I had just purchased my first gun (Marlin 883SS .22WMR [getting ready to come out of layaway]) and he got excited that I wanted to get back into shooting. He broke out a Marlin 60 that he gave me back in the early 80s and cleaned it up. This thing had not seen daylight in many years. I picked up a box of Federal Game Shok and officially brought it out of retirement. Set up a couple beer cans @ 25yds and took two shots (no scope). Neither can budged when shot at. I wondered how I could have missed. I also had a box set up and took one shot at it to see how far off the sights were. When I walked down to check the box I noticed that my first two shots hit the cans dead center....just didn't move them :D I then proceeded to put about 30 more holes in those cans :snipersmi
Sorry that this is not an informative post, but it felt really good to shoot for the first time in well over a decade and actually hit something. Had to brag just a little. What a blast! Really can't wait to get my hands on the .22 MAG !!!!!
GREAT SITE by the way. Been reading RFC for a couple months now.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
esoxhunter, :Welcome: to RFC!

Always good so see another Ohioan on the forms and good that the ol rimfire bug hasn't lost it's appeal. Even better to hear your Dad is happy your back into it.

Something about the crack of a rimfire and a wif of the powder burning that adds to the pleasure of hitting those targets.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks folks!
I did forget how sweet the smell of burning powder was.
Did a little shopping today at work for more ammo and I'm really surprised by all the options for .22 ammo these days. CCI is outta control :p Picked up a box of Stingers and Velocitors. Hope my old Marlin likes these.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.