Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

· Premium Member
37,658 Posts
One of my subcontractors has a not too old Audi Q series. Says it takes a quart of oil on every fill. I’m sure he’s exaggerating a bit. But even a quart once a month is bad.
I meant putting Mystery Oil in the gas tank. The olde mechanic, a yr older than me, that tore my 440 engine apart recommended it. Engine didn't mind it and it helped keep skeeters away. :)

· Registered
15,065 Posts
Yes indeed three on the tree was something almost every car had. I learned on a 1949 Studebaker pickup with Flathead six and three on the tree. you can buy almost anything to rebuild the 1963 Chevy!
I loved the notion of three on the tree. Had a 70 Chevelle wagon ages ago. 307 with a three speed. A tired car, but my first car was a new 70 Chevelle Malibu with 307 and powerglide, so I had to have it.. Paid $350 for it. Drove it six months. Put $150 into it, and sold it for $500.
Last summer, came REALLY close to buying a 72 Chevelle four door sedan with that same 307/three on the column drivetrain.Other than the V8, no options at all, not even a radio. The car only had 7400 miles on it! Faded paint, but remarkable condition otherwise. It sold for $15,100. I would have kept it original, but it would have been a great candidate for a sleeper build.

· Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 · (Edited)
My 63 has a Radio, but bare bones otherwise..No power anything..I like that.

I had to pull the tank and clean it, and did some further brake work, rebuilt the master cylinder..Two new front brake cylinders..A few mechanical things I want to do yet, new radiator and heater hoses..Repack the front wheel bearings, should put on a new water pump, maybe new U joints and carrier bearing, fan belt and air cleaner..That stuff should make it into a dependable driver for now atleast..

I do not know if I mentioned it or not, but I did put new tires on during Walmarts Black Friday tire sale..Not too bad a deal on them for the way prices on everything right now..256.00 OTD mounted..

I discovered something sorta strange..It has a posi rear..But the Housing is not P Marked..Thought they should be..So maybe someone threw in a posi rear after the fact..

· Registered
1,178 Posts
Not trying to toot my own horn but I thought someone would have at least commented on the 1964 Chevy convertible scale model I posted earlier.

· Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 · (Edited)
Not trying to toot my own horn but I thought someone would have at least commented on the 1964 Chevy convertible scale model I posted earlier.
I had to go back and look..I must have missed it..It is very cool though..I am not a Ford guy at all..But I have a little model of a 1963 Galaxie..I like the Confederate Flags and Southern Theme of it..You probably cannot buy those Confederate decals anymore,LOL

I had to replace the hood as it was lost, so I need to find a better matching paint for it..

I like the old Dealer Promo Models..You did a very detailed job on that Model..Nice Work..
Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel

Attachments

· Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Aerocolor..Do not feel bad..I mad a mistake too..My Ford model is a 1964..Not a 1963..

Yes there were alot 3 speed on the tree in those days..But it seems alot of those were with the Inline sixes..I do not know the production numbers..But on one Chevy Forums they were saying the 3 on the trees were not vey common when people ordered the V8 option.If they orded the V8 they usually opted to go up to the 2 Speed Auto Powerglide option also...I do not know for sure..Just what I read..

· Premium Member
37,658 Posts
Yes there were alot 3 speed on the tree in those days..But it seems alot of those were with the Inline sixes..I do not know the production numbers..But on one Chevy Forums they were saying the 3 on the trees were not vey common when people ordered the V8 option.If they orded the V8 they usually opted to go up to the 2 Speed Auto Powerglide option also...I do not know for sure..Just what I read..
My 69 Road Runner was a console 3 speed auto with a T-shift and my 69 GTX a 3 speed on the tree auto with the 727 tranny they were famous for.

· Registered
189 Posts
Aerocolor..Do not feel bad..I mad a mistake too..My Ford model is a 1964..Not a 1963..

I'm pretty sure the Chevy model is a '65. Drove one to high school.

· Premium Member
37,658 Posts
I remember going on trips and sleeping in the back of a 58 Yeoman SW, Or sitting up against the rear window and waiving at the drivers behind us. 65 mph and a puff of oil.
When we were yutes Gramps would tow us on a toboggan down on an ice n snow covered county road tied to the rear bumper of his old Chevrolet. "Faster Gramps, go faster!" Good tymes.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts